Lucinda - posted on 08/25/2011 ( 4 moms have responded )
- I am 23 years old, mother of 2 wonderful boys. My boys have special needs - cp, hearing impaired, adhd, pdd, heart issues. We have a routine life style. call me crazy but I am ready for another baby. I was pregnant with my 3 but had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. I love being a stay at home mom spending every second of every day with my kids ( when my oldest isn't in school ).. My fear is I will have another child with server health problems - will definitely take time away from my 2 older boys. We are leaving it up to God - when he thinks we are ready he will bless us with another beautiful baby.
- I did have TSS, Mobil, Behavior therapist and family base coming to my home ( over lap ) 5 days a week.. But none of them seem to help. More of an inconvenient and overwhelming for my son. We found that 1,2,3 magic and explain at a 5 year old level - is the trick!! He has the smarts of an 8 year old so never really understood why I have to talk to him at a much younger age.. but Dr.'s explain his social skills are delayed so he doesn't understand what you are trying to tell him. We do have meltdowns daily.. He is now on Prozac and school will start in a week. Next year I am putting him in an autistic camp because he cant handle all this free time...
- My youngest is non verbal and has a lot of tantrums, frustrating because the lack of works ( hard for him to tell me things ) but does use sign for certain things. He is showing a lot of the same signs as his older brother ( not wanting to play with toys - behavior issues for sure ) We just got him a behavior therapist and he st arts school in 8 months - work on his social skills / sharing.. He does not like to be around a lot of people, noisy surroundings or objects that move.
* we have over came so many obstacles, it made me a stronger person ( has lot of patients and very understanding ) I am very determine to fight for my kids right and they will get the services they need!!
- some people say why do you want to bring more children in the world if all you can make is sick ones! I love my boys - there are perfect in every way. I try and give them the best life possible. The bonds between my children and I are amazing. Who's to say my 4th one would be sick - that would be a risk we wold have to take, but we would love our child whether he or she has special needs or not!
- So i guess I'm no on here for approval, it just would be nice to be able to talk to friends who understands.