Terasa - posted on 12/20/2010 ( 4 moms have responded )
Hi my name is Terasa. I have a 7 y/o son who is currently diagnosed ADHD and ODD since 5. Been on lots of the meds, and most just made him more angry. After being put into a Occ & speech therapy play group, i started to see similarities in the stories of the parents. Most of these kids have Aspergers. I have recently had him to a developmental Ped dr and she doesnt see any reason to test for asd. Here are what we go thru.
1) severe ADHD-hyper, impulsive, destructive, inattentive.
2) only really likes to play video games of any sort. If he plays to much, his aggression gets real bad, and he has taken a liken to peeing on the family room floor instead of stopping to use the bathroom. He asks for toys but gets bored with them after a few days and only wants his games. particially my fault becuz I need my sanity....single mom of 3
3)he LOVES bugs
4) uses language very well for his age, but doesnt have the ability to speak what he needs, feeling, and understand others very well.causes tempers. was told to read the book "the explosive child" by dr ross greene.
5) if he knows you and likes you, he appears normal....anything/anybody new he doesnt want to do. kindergarten was so difficult i am now homeschooling 1st grade.
6) very stressful pregnancy with him. His dad was diagnosed terminal the day before i found out I was prego. Dad died at 4 mons prego and many stress, fights, and despression. Poor kid was destined to have probs.
Can someone give me an opinion? If you need more info plz let me know. I just need some direction I am so overly overwhelmed that i cant even fight anymore. I know he does have sensory issues as well. thanks a million