Rubeena - posted on 04/03/2010 ( 1 mom has responded )
Massaging your baby is a great way to bond with her/ him and calm and settle her/ him. It also offers plenty of health benefits. You can start your baby from about 2 weeks (or once the cord falls off). Baby massage is safe, simple and best of all, anyone can do it.
• Massage is an effective way to soothe and communicate with your baby.
• Massage can help your baby sleep better.
• Massage has lots to offer in terms of physical and psychological benefits.
• Massage reduces fussiness, relieves gas and constipation, and even reduces colic.
• Massage is believed to strengthen the immune system, improve muscle development and stimulate growth.
• Massage benefits baby greatly if done daily for a minimum period of 6 months.
• Massaged everyday for 15 minutes resulted in babies who cried less, were more alert and socially engaged, gained weight faster and had better IQs.