Is it normal?

Lizzie - posted on 05/10/2010 ( 5 moms have responded )

26

25

1

My baby girl is 5 months old and she started sleeping through the night t 2months but at 4 months she started wakes up twice during the night. I feed her cearel for dinner and then she gets a bottle with a little cearel in it right before bedtime and she still wakes up. is this normal or is there something i can try to get her to sleep through the night again?

MOST HELPFUL POSTS

Erin - posted on 05/10/2010

18

19

4

I am in the same boat as you! Chalk it up to teething!! Your little girl is likely getting ready (within 2 mths) to pop out some teeth and it is her gums that are waking her up at night. Sucking on the bottle or a soother will sometimes help relieve the throbbing. OR. she is waking up b/c she is hungry since possibly she is not eating as much during the day due to sore gums. Just a guess though.

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS

5 Comments

View replies by

Carmen - posted on 06/03/2010

41

69

6

I wish I knew! I'm having the same issue. My baby girl is just over 5 months and she started sleeping through the night at 5 weeks and thne suddenly when she was about 3.5 months old she just stopped! Now she wakes up 1-2 times but usually 2...I think its because of all the bragging we did about it lol. We started feeding her cereal just after she was 4 months old because our ped at said that if she's showing signs of being ready, no longer sleeping through the night as one of them, then to go ahead. However its not working!! I'm trying a new routine now where bathe her right before bead with sleepy time bubble bath and then rub sleepy time lotion on her before giving her her night time bottle. She is otherwise breastfed besides the nighttime bottle. This morning she only woke up once at quarter to 5, so that was an improvement...we'll see how it goes in the morning because I followed the same routine. Let me know if you find something that works please.

Jenny - posted on 06/03/2010

18

11

2

i agree with erin teething can cause this..but i wouldn't know about sleeping through the night my bub doesn't haha.. look up symptoms of teething and you will find some tips goodluck

Jennifer - posted on 06/03/2010

170

23

18

Sometimes my son wakes up but he's not actually hungry. He'll eat if I offer it but occasionally he just needs soothing back to sleep. If he tries to eat anything around his face I know he needs food. My son has woken up once a night to eat 90% of the time since he was 3 months. The other 10% just needed help getting back to sleep. I think there is a growth spurt around 4 months so maybe it was that and then she got used to waking up with you. Perhaps!

Ashlee - posted on 06/02/2010

3

9

0

actually my daughter slept through the night unless I fed her cereal before bed . It seemed to make her more hungry . So I stopped feeding it to her at night and fed it to her for breakfast instead and she hasn't had a problem sleeping since then .
I hope this helps :)

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms