Meals prepared by me are usually free of the top 8 food allergens (peanuts, treenuts, soy, wheat, eggs, dairy, fish and shellfish). I also keep away from most seeds like poppy, sunflower etc. Apart from the traditional ham, my favorite dishes for Easter are reflective of the crisp fresh spring air:
1. Grilled vegetable (green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers, squash, zucchini) lasagna made with dairy-free cheese (Daiya) and gluten-free lasagna sheets. The lasagna is bursting with the flavors of fresh herbs - basil, cilantro et al!
2. Sauteed asparagus (olive oil, salt and freshly cracked pepper)
3. Sauteed green beans(olive oil, minced garlic, red pepper flakes and salt
4. For the kids: Allergy Friendly cupcakes decorated in spring colors and Easter theme.
5. Allergy Friendly Bread Pudding (made from glutenfree bread and oat/ hemp/ Dari-free/ coconut milk).
6. Chilled spring drink made from fresh carrots and coconut milk.