About Rachel Blaufeld & her Blog
Rachel is a winner of Top 25 Mompreneurs - 2012
What advice would you give a mom who wants to be a mompreneur?
My step 1 and step 2 sort of cancel each other out. The first step to becoming a mompreneur is to plan, but the second step is not to over-plan. I think as moms it is our natural tendency to over-think and worry about all the what-ifs, and that tends to get in the way of focusing on our business plans. For example, soup and sandwich night works just as well as a huge gourmet dinner, so the trick is not to worry about ‘what-if I cannot make a big dinner every night’ if I decide to follow my instinct to be an entrepreneur.
What tips do you have for connecting with other mom bloggers?
1. Read Other Blogs!!! Don't just be in a bubble with your own blog.
2. Comment on Other Blogs and link back to your favorites or the ones that made you think when writing your own content.
3. Develop Relationships with other bloggers, supporting one another and asking each other for help is key.
4. Look for partnerships, collaboration whether it be guest posts, sharing responsibilities or just bouncing ideas around.
5. Attend Blogging conferences to put faces with names and get a first hand feel for all that is going on in the blogging world.
How do you balance being a mom and and an entrepreneur?
I don't. I have given up using the word balance. For me, balance is a 4-letter word.
To me, balance means that you are doing everything right. That somehow your life is harmonious, and we know as moms that is rarely true. No matter what, there are stomach flus, colds, early dismissals, work deadlines, grocery lists to fill, date nights to aim for, homework project, dance recitals, soccer games, and work travel all fighting for our time. To think that we could evenly balance or juggle all that is a great mystery to me.
Instead, I just try to do my best and be forgiving. Some days, I am checking everything off my work to-do list, but we have breakfast for dinner and other days, I am taking a meeting via skype because one of my kids are home sick.
I find that daily exercise helps me relieve the pressure to be perfect, however, I don’t aim to make certain classes anymore because that was adding to my stress level. :)
My attitude is more - 'That's the way the cookie crumbles.'
What are your favorite blog posts?