Minnie - posted on 08/04/2009 ( 60 moms have responded )
The Indiscreet Breastfeeding Manifesto
By Sundae Horn
* I will nurse my child anytime, anywhere, no matter who is present or what I am wearing.
* I will bare my breast with pride and confidence.
* I will not apologize for nourishing and nurturing my child.
* I will not smother my child with a napkin or blanket.
* I will smile at everyone around me and ignore rude stares.
* I will know that I am giving my child the perfect infant food from the most efficient, ecological, and economical delivery system.
* I will know that I am giving my child the healthy start that is his or her birthright.
* I will set an example for women and girls, educate the public, dispel breastfeeding myths, desexualize the breast, and make the world a better place, all through the simple act of feeding my child.