Brittany - posted on 07/14/2010 ( 1 mom has responded )
Hey everyone, I just want to run through some of the community guidelines.
We all know the obvious....treat others with respect. Do not put any one down. Great rule of thumb, if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. No personal attacks.
I don't want to have to block anyone from the community. This is a place where mothers can come to ask questions or share stories with other moms, not be put down or anything in that sort.
Threats (You may not publish or post direct, specific threats of violence or illegal acts against others.)
Hate Speech (No slurs or stereotyping.)
Unlawful Use (You may not use Circle of Moms for unlawful purposes or promotion of illegal activities. If it's illegal where you live or in the state of California it's illegal here.)
Misrepresentation (You must be who you say you are. No false profiles or false children's profiles.)
Personal attacks (You may not abuse, slander, or vilify another member.)
Spam (You may not publish or post solicitations or advertisements except in designated areas.)
If you see a post that violates one of these guidelines please feel free to 'flag as inappropriate.' ***EDIT*** Circle of Moms has changed 'flag as inappropriate' to 'report' It still serves the same function (reporting an inappropriate post).
Please note: Moderators can now see who flags and their reason for doing so. Do not flag just because someone’s opinion differs to yours, in such a large forum not everyone will agree, we are here to share our experience and advice. We will not tolerate unnecessary and pointless flagging. Members who continue to flag gratuitously will be blocked from contributing to this community.
Our community frowns upon solicitations, so please do not post them here.There are a number of places on Circle of Moms where you can post about your business: a community dedicated to work from home opportunities, and the Mom Store, where you can place an add for your business or product: Here are the links:
Work-from-Home Business Opportunities Community:
The following are considered solicitations and are not allowed:
- Work from home recruitment pitches
- Dieting ads
- Personal business ads
- Posting diaper codes
- Posting requests for votes in a contest (such as requesting for members to vote for your child in something).
- Requests for donations to a charitable cause
- Posts asking for ideas on how to work from home. These are asking members to solicit which is not allowed. Please visit the Circle of Moms Store or the Work-From-Home community for ideas.
-POSTING A SOLICITATION IN THE LINK SECTION IS ALSO NOT ALLOWED
If you are doing academic research and/or would like members to fill out information or surveys please send me a private message and I can instruct you on what steps to take to post those.
Violators of these guidelines will receive one warning. If there are any further violations you will be blocked from posting in this community.
I have received several questions about why threads get locked. Threads can be locked for any of the following reasons:
1. The orignial poster can lock their own thread at any time. You can do this by clicking on "Admin Options" under the title of the thread. Then click "close conversation to further comments" to lock the thread.
2. The thread has 100+ responses. We close these to allow newer threads to move to the top of the board to receive attention/advice/help.
3. Several posts in the thread have been flagged as inappropriate.
4. The thread has turned into an argument or has gone off topic
Thank you & enjoy!