Rebekah - posted on 02/14/2011 ( 9 moms have responded )
My husband got a job - YAY!!!! Praise the Lord on that!!! But I can't come home YET, it will happen, just not yet... so I'm looking for a nanny. I need questions to ask these people, as I've never used a nanny before... can anyone suggest other questions??
Here is what I've been asking...
- Are you a non-smoker?
- What is your previous experience?
- If my son were to a throw a temper tantrum, how would handle the situation?
- If my son were to throw a toy, what would you do?
- How do you keep a kid engaged throughout the day? (I'm looking for an answer other than TV)
- Are you comfortable with reading Bible stories and teaching Christian principles?
- If I were to develop a lesson plan for the day, would you teach it?
- Are you willing to come to my home?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- Do you have references I can contact?
- Are you comfortable with dogs? (We have a boxer, BIG puppy)
- If my dog were to knock my son down or potentially nip him, how would you handle the situation? (He's never bit our son, but I don't know how the dog would do with someone new in the house as an authority figure.)