Marissa - posted on 11/06/2009 ( 2 moms have responded )
I thought I should share this recipe with everyone, you may or may not have seen this.
Homemade Baby Wipes
1. roll of Paper towel *Bounty recommended
2. Either 1gallon ice cream bucket or a store bought baby wipes container or any similar size container will do
3. 2 cups of water
4. 2 tablespoons of baby oil
5. 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol
6. if desired you can add 1 tablespoon of baby bubble bath
Cut the roll of paper towels into two halves, if you have an electric knife they give the best cutting result. Place one of the halves vertically in an empty and thoroughly cleaned container ( ice cream container or other). In a large measuring pitcher, mix the 2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of baby oil, and 1 tablespoon of rubbing alcohol and if desired the 1 tablespoon of baby bubble bath.
Pour liquid over the halved roll of paper towels in the container and soak for 30 minutes. Remove the cardboard center. Feed the top corner of paper towels through an X -shaped slit you have cut in the lid of the container so you can pull out and tear off one wipe at a time.