Angela - posted on 12/20/2008 ( 1 mom has responded )
5 pound roast *
3 c. water
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 pkg. Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
*buy the cheapest cut of meat possible for this one. The meat will cook a long time & it will be very tender!!
1. Trim excess fat from roast. Place in the slow cooker.
2. Mix water w/ all seasonings and pour over roast.
3. Mix vinegar & Worcestershire and pour over all.
4. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hrs.
5. Remove meat, sllow to cool slightly & shred. Return to broth in slow cooker & turn it on High to re- heat if necessary.
Serve on buns... I used Hoagie buns... This is so good.... soo sooo good!!!