[deleted account] ( 50 moms have responded )
What do you all think about Bob Harper's "Skinny Rules" ?
1. Drink a large glass of water before every meal
2. Do not drink your calories (ie. drink water, avoid juice & sodas)
3. Eat Protein at every meal
4. Limit refined flours & grains
5. Each 30-50g of fiber daily
6. Eat an apple & berries every single day
7. No carbs after lunch
8. Read food labels and know what you are eating
9. Measure the proper portion sized--don't try to guess
10. No added sweeteners or artificial sweeteners
11. No white potatoes
12. Make one day a week meatless
13. No fast foods or fried foods
14. Eat breakfast
15. At least 10 meals a week made at home (eat at home when possible)
16. No high-salt foods
17. Eat vegetables every day
18. Go to bed hungry
19. Get proper sleep
20. Allow one "splurge meal" each week.
Obviously, that is a very scaled down, basic summary, and they are not in order, but you get the point. A lot of the women I know trying to follow his advice say they are not practical and too difficult to follow.
What do you think? Do you find them impractical or do you think they would be easy to follow? What do you think women would have the hardest time with, and how could a woman trying to follow the rules balance that out?
Honestly, I don't find them difficult at all....with the exception of no carbs after lunch. I usually have carbs in dinner, but I balance that out by having dinner early and working out after so the carbs don't have time to turn to sugar, then fat.