Gallstones.... any advise welcome

Joey - posted on 03/27/2010 ( 2 moms have responded )

17

31

1

I am 21 1/2 weeks - due August 4, 2010. I was recently diagnosed with gallstones and I was given two weeks to decide if I want to have my gallbladder out. If I decide to wait he said be prepared to wait at least 5 months. I am torn, I am in pain and discomfort constantly. How do I weigh my comfort against the risk of my son's life? The Dr says it is a fairly low risk but to me any risk is bad. My fear is just that if I wait what if it gets worse? Please anyone with any advise about surgery while pregnant or about gallstones.......

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS

2 Comments

View replies by

AMANDA - posted on 04/04/2011

55

8

2

I was just diagnosed with multiple small gallstones lol after having aweful pains for like a year. Anyways they started just after having my son and he will be 2 in june....I have a holistic doctor who just told me to try a flush that has apple juice...olive oil....and lemon juice. If ur really scared to try the surgery maybe you could try this first...hope this helps

[deleted account]

Ok, well, i'm going to go over a few things for you. I have a friend that had kidney stones...her doctor removed them, she was a bit further along than you are now...everything went great...they pay very very close attention to everything if they do anything while you're pregnant. She was actually put under with anesthesia. My sister had problems with her gall bladder while she was pregnant & not very long after my niece was born, my sister was in the hospital to have her gall bladder out. I would say that waiting could cause more damage than you would want. You don't want your gallbladder to burst...I would say to get it done now and keep in mind that the low risk is going to be there while you're pregnant or after you have the baby, that's with any surgery for anything at any point in time. I think you would be absolutely fine to get it done now & I think it would be the best bet to get it out as soon as possible. If it bursts you are going to be in a lot more pain than you are now & you will have to have surgery immediately...could cause more problems. I hope everything gets better for you hun.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms