Crystal - posted on 04/24/2012 ( no moms have responded yet )
These cookies make great party favors, bouquets and gifts and are quite easy to make. These instructions do not include the recipe to make the sugar cookies but a great recipe can be found at www.partymom.ca.
1. When your cookie dough is prepared and chilled, place it on a large cutting board. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies; it works best start from the end of the board nearest you. For best results, cut only one cookie at a time and follow the remaining steps, it prevents your dough from warming too much and produces a better quality cookie.
2. Place one hand on top of your cookie; use your dominant hand to carefully insert the cookie stick. Use a slow turning action to minimize breakage. If your dough does break, simply take some scrap dough and patch it, pinch the end to ensure that it is secure to the stick.
3. Use a cookie spatula to transfer your cookies to a baking sheet, a pan lined with a baking sheet works best.
4. Follow the recipe directions for baking your cookies. Closely monitor you bake time and remove from the oven when edges are golden brown.
5. Allow cookies to completely cool before decorating. Have fun!