help! yeast skin infection and thrush!
MOST HELPFUL POSTS
Jenni - posted on 03/19/2012
Yes, it means his immume system is a bit down. Usually it's a fungus. I am looking up right now some herbs for you to try. Use echinacea tincture 3 times a day. Make a topical cream with a oatmeal lotion and add essential oils calendula, golden seal, chamomile, thyme or myrrh. Alternatively use a tincture of golden seal, calendula and thyme with oils of tea tree or thyme or both, as a lotion. Chamomile cream or chickweed ointment is very useful to soothe itching and irritation. I would find a good children's acidolphilus with 3 billion cultures. Take vitamin D3 liquid form. That will help get his immune system back to normal. Hope that helps.
Tonya - posted on 07/20/2012
Hi Lynn- never fear this condition can be cleared up.
Questions?- does your son eat alot of sugar- if so stop- skin infections and thrush feed off of this because it is really a parasite and your skin infection is showing up because the body is trying to detox it out, and our skin is the biggest organ we have.
Does he eat alot of breads- pizza, burgers etc..- if so stop for now until thrush is cleared up.
Ok- natural cure time- put a few drops of grapefruit seed extract in his water, or if he like grapefruit (maybe pink) have him eat at least two a day.
if he is an infant- virgin coconut oil - a teaspoon twice a day,
for a topical use- you can use clove oil or powder ( the seasoning is fine) it is very powerful, Therefore you must dilute it with a carrier oil such as olive oil, coconut oil..but it will really do the job. Then cover it if you can with a bandage. Be sure to apply this twice a day, and make sure he gets a fresh appl. before bed.
Tea tree oil is always a great topical too. You can get this all from the health food store, trader joe's, whole foods store for fairly cheap.
The main thing is NO SUGAR- if he must have something sweet, let it be fruit. Because the issue will continue to grow if artificial sugar as well as baked goods or candy are ingested. OH, and plenty of good pure water, distilled or purified bottle water, NO Tap water, it is filled with parasites unfortunately. If you have to use tap, please put the grapefruit drops in it.
Hope this helps- from your Naturopathic MOM
Sarah - posted on 07/16/2012
You may also want to make sure that something that the bugger is placing with isn't re-infecting him. Washing things he may put in his mouth might help... When my kiddo was a babyI kept a solution of 1 TBSP of white vinegar to 1c water around in a squirt bottle. I wiped down things she put in her mouth. Vinegar solution worked for me the one time I had a yeast infection and didn't have health insurance when I was a student.. sitz bath style. Vinegar is awesome stuff.
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms