my son is very voilent .what can i do

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS


View replies by

Minnie - posted on 07/03/2012




Counseling is the best way to deal with a child who is violent. Violence is learned through the home, through school, through friends, through TV, video games and most of all through example. Your best approach would be going to counseling with your child. Sometimes, we as parents tend to say "it's your fault, you're so bad" when it's really all by example, or lashing out over a problem at home, or a more SERIOUS problem like bullying or depression. We have to address the problems WITH our children. They are our responsibility, so if they have a violence problem, we have to address it ourselves as well. You can't help your child if you don't know how to deal with them. Seek for programs like COPE, or behavioral health services in your area. They should be of much assistance to you. I know my mother went through this w/ my brother. And I wish she would've gotten help herself to learn how to deal with him too.

Lakota - posted on 07/03/2012




That is a behavior that is learned. He needs to be taught how to deal with his emotions, especially anger. If you can't do it, get someone in his life who can.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms