Luvmia - posted on 12/26/2011 ( 4 moms have responded )
Good morning fellow mommies!
I have been having so many problems with my kid. I just need someone to listen and give me whatever constructive advice and/or criticism.
He is now 12 but has been a problem since the age of 7 years old. I will make a list of some of things:
1. He used to attend a private school and told some lies on myself which had the school faculty wanting to call child protective services on me.
2. We currently live in an apartment in which he has broken the blinds (and tried to hide it) and has taken food & beverages into his room (after I told him not to). So now I have stains on the carpet. Not to fail to mention, his walls have dirt marks on them and I have told him that he will have to clean them.
3. I have to constantly tell him to clean up after himself.
4. He takes things that do not belong to him (i.e. food, my money, personal belongings of mine. etc.)
5. I have told him repeatedly not to tell my home business to anyone, especially his father side of the family. But of course, he did so anyway. Now my ex used it to his advantage and filed bogus court papers against me.
6. He does not do his school work and may be facing failing 7th grade. I have received two phone calls from his teachers about his bad behavior.
I could go on and on, but I am quite sure you get the point. I have grounded him but it does not seem to work. I am so tired of the problems and trying to hold down a job as well as keep a roof over our heads. His father told me our son asked him if he could live with him and I am strongly considering it.
Some people may say it is just a phase or "kids will be kids" but I don't believe this is completely normal behavior. Any constructive criticism/advice will be greatly appreciated.