Diana - posted on 05/20/2010 ( 10 moms have responded )
I have a small survey for an English Class. If you could respond honestly then I would sure appreciate it.
1. Which, in your opinion, are harder to raise - girls or boys?
2. Do you have girls and/boys? Is so what are the ages?
3. At what age did you see any outside influences begin affecting your child(ren)?
4. Which influences affect them the most?
5. I've been told by many parents that boys are harder to raise when they are young, but girls are harder when they're older. Do you agree/disagree? Why?
6. How much did/do friends influence your kids? Is it different for girls and boys?
7. How much did/do media and technology(cell phones, internet, etc) influence your kies? Is it differet for girls and boys?
Quick summary of why I chose this for my essay topic - I have a 21 year old daughter that seems that nothing that I tried to teach her is instilled in her. All she cares about is her friends, her clothes and hair, and her phone...she seems to be stuck at 16 but doing grown up behavior. Every parent thus far that I've spoken with tells me that teen-age girls are the worst. Honestly, it's hard not to feel responsible or question my parenting as I'm disappointed in how she seemed to turn out.
Anyways, I appreciate any answers you give to me...Parenting is the hardest job there is - for sure!
Thank you in advance.