What happens if my 12 year old son comes to live with me but his father has custody?

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS


View replies by

Louise - posted on 06/27/2012




You would definitely have to go back to court to get either full custody or 50/50 custody. You need to do this to be his legal guardian for school and stuff like that. If it is a long term thing then you would need to go for full custody to get the father to pay up.

Michelle - posted on 06/27/2012




If that is the case legally I do believe you would have to file papers with the court stating his new residence so that the father would have to pay you child support as if he has custody he does not pay cs.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms