MOST HELPFUL POSTS
My son started out the same way, rash around his mouth, then his body, now in his mouth etc. If he ingests oranges or anything that has touched an orange he gets violently ill if he's touched by it he breaks out in hives. I'm so glad to see that there is other kids out there. He's now and thinks that he and sister are the only kids in the world with the allergy.
We however seem to be ok with lemon juice. He sometimes get a small rash from it but not always and he never gets sick from ingesting it. Citrus allergies suck there is so much with it in it.
Gigi - posted on 08/18/2012
Citrus fruits are chemically different from one another based on rind color (orange, yellow, green and pink) Some kids have bad reactions to high acid content in orange or grapefruit juice. That's what they thought it was with me when I was about 10 and started having problems with oranges. By about 13 I was in full anaphlactic shock. It never wore down for me. However, it is an easier food to avoid!
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms