Gina - posted on 10/07/2011 ( 3 moms have responded )
1) 3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast (this way you have plenty for leftovers for a family of 4)
2) 5 8-oz bars of Philadelphia Cream Cheese with 1/3 less fat (start with 4 bars and add more if needed - extra cream cheese makes the mixture creamier, which tastes amazing!).
3) 1 stick melted butter (I use unsalted butter)
4) 1/2 cup lactose-free milk
5) 4 packages of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (8 count, butter flake flavor)
This recipe makes plenty of food for a family of 4 with lots of leftovers the way we like it!
1) First, take out your cream cheese bars to let them soften.
2) Boil 3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast (boil for about 30 minutes or until you see that it is cooked through, sometimes slightly longer)..
3) After chicken is boilled and slightly cooled, hand-shred it as fine as you like it, not too big or small.
4) Mix with the softened bars of cream.
5) Melt the stick of butter in the microwave and pour over chicken mixture.
6) Pour 1/2 cup milk into mixture.
7) Mix everything together until it is thoroughly mixed through and creamy.
8) Open Pillsbury crescent rolls. When you unroll the crescent rolls, unroll them by the perforated seem then keep 2 triangles together to form a square. Press edges together so it becomes 1 square and won't fall apart.
9) Scoop mixture into center and fold up 4 corners and pinch together so it is covered. It doesn't have to look nice.
10) Bake on UNGREASED cookie sheet @ 350 for 20-25 minutes, until the dough is golden. I start checking them at 20 minutes and just use your judgement when it looks ready.
Serve and enjoy!