my daughter swallowed a bobby pin! any other stories to make me feel better about it?

Chrissy - posted on 06/21/2010 ( 11 moms have responded )

8

19

0

so on saturday my daughter put a bobby pin in her mouth and i immediately grabbed for her and she took off running and low and behold she wallowed it. the xray shows its in her stomache (which is great) but she's yet to pass it. i'm not worried, but just eager for it to come out! any other swallowing stories? i'm feeling a bit incompetant as a good mommy but know it happens all the time, so thought some similar stories might ease my mind

MOST HELPFUL POSTS

Hannah - posted on 05/10/2012

1

13

0

My 19month old son just swallowed a bobby pin, do i need to take him to the doctor? Or just wait/monitor till it passes?

Skyler - posted on 07/04/2010

21

54

0

when my son was at his grandparents house he swallowed a little piece of a cigarette butt; nasty. but hes been fine ever since

This conversation has been closed to further comments

11 Comments

View replies by

Tyleasha - posted on 07/02/2010

22

24

0

I LOVE that show. It totally freaks me out but I love watching it all the same!

Carisa - posted on 07/01/2010

399

2

38

Don't feel bad, there is a whole show on Discovery Health called "Your Kid Swallowed What?" where they show all these cases of kids swallowing weird things. A bobby pin is nothing compared to some of the things I've seen!

Sarah Running - posted on 07/01/2010

1

10

0

My aunt's son stuffed a piece of sponge up his nose when he was about 1 yr old he got a hold of a dish sponge and bit off a piece then stuffed it in his nostril! His mother didn't even know until he started smelling bad and she took him to the hospital and the Ear, nose, mouth Tech examined him. they had to extract it with a longish tweezer it was in there for about a week.

Tyleasha - posted on 06/29/2010

22

24

0

I noticed last evening that while I was at the gym my children had gotten into my jewlery box and every last peice ws missing. I have found everything but my high school ring. My 4 year old informed me that he thinks my 15 month old has eaten it. I do not know for certain yet but my mind is in a turmoil!!

Meredith - posted on 06/28/2010

71

3

12

My son put an ant trap in his mouth in march - trip to hospital, but he was fine. He ate some string once, I only realised when I had to pull it out of his bum! Ewww... and he regularly eats dog food!

Laura - posted on 06/27/2010

18

28

1

When my now 19 year old daughter was a toddler, she "might have" eaten a watch battery and 1/2 a moth ball. My mother in law was watching her both times and both times they took her to the emergency room. Everything was fine and she is a college sophmore now.

Chrissy - posted on 06/24/2010

8

19

0

thank you!! so she passes it yeasterday, and never even new it was happening! i too am going to save it, it's soaked and wrapped away for now :) these kids are quick at 15 months!!!!!

Erica - posted on 06/22/2010

154

13

30

well, when i was 3 i swallowed an open staple. it passed and i was fine. then i tried to swallow a piece of tape. it covered my windpipe and i passed out and turned blue before they could get it out.

my daughter swallowed a penny in december. it passed but i kept it in a plastic bag. it turned rainbow colors. she also swallowed a decorative marble (kindof a flattened glass marble). it's really strange cause she never swallowed anything until this past december and she's 4!!!!!!

you're not incompetent!

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms