Mary - posted on 04/15/2009 ( 10 moms have responded )
Ok - I'm venting here about being a busy mom. Feel free to commiserate. (And, yes, my daughter is totally worth it!)
Sometimes I feel incompetent because:
- I have trouble multitasking - taking care of the baby's needs and other things at the same time. i.e. making a meal and trying to watch/play with/ give affection to a baby. Some times dinner gets only half cooked.
- I am very forgetful and sometimes completely overlook very important things. I blame this in lack of sleep, being busy, and an altered state of mind since having a kid. I have forgotten to put up the side of the crib when my daughter is sleeping. When I go in to get her after a nap, I'm horrified that she could have fallen.
- I don't have enough time to take care of myself. I skip haircuts, don't always shower, don't always put on make up or wear my contacts. I haven't gone to the gym in ages and am extremely out of shape. I used to pride myself on being fit.
-Have little free time to do fun things - rarely get to do the hobbies I enjoy, only occassionally read a book that is not a child's book.
- Am not very neat and tidy. The house is rarely vaccumed. I wouldn't want to look too closely at the bathtub.
- My attention span at work is in the toilet. I feel distracted and am not nearly as efficient as I used to be. I'm always thinking about my daugher and wishing I could be with her. Also, I am frustrated that coworkers make assumptions about my work responsibilities or work travel because I'm a working mom