Kristina - posted on 02/03/2010 ( 2 moms have responded )
I went to the doctor for my 18 week ultra sound they said something was wrong sent me to a high risk doctor then he sent me back to my regular obgyn to discuss options of termination or carry to full term. They have diagnosed my baby with Multi-cystic Dyplastic Kidneys on both of them. My babys kidneys have not developed properly and it will not be able to survive outside of my body. One in alot lighter than the doctors would like to see and the other is enlarged with cysts on them. There is no amniotic fluid at all around the baby so the lungs cant develop and the baby cant move or grow. The doctors have given me the choices of inducing labor now, or carrying it full term or until it has no heart beat. I have made the decision that would be the easiest on me emotionally and that would be to carry it out till full term and see where it goes for there and just hope for a miracle and hope doctors are wrong.