Lindz - posted on 02/03/2012 ( 4 moms have responded )
I'm a psych major who is going to college to help teen's and young adults who have mental health disorders. I do have current experience with mental health issues, my father has an anxiety disorder, mother-in-law has multiple issues and fiance has severe adult ADHD and had gone to psychologist/psychiatrist myself when I was a young teen (nothing was wrong). My questions are:
1) Do you feel that psychologist you have gone to are pushing for medication with out offering or explaining possible therapy options?
2) What are your current wishes?
3) Have you gone to any professional who you just didn't agree with and why so?
4) For ADHD, was it diagnosed as oh he/she is hyper so he/she probably has ADHD (like by a general md)?
5) How much information have you been told about ADHD by a professional (what type of professional)?
6) How much information have you research about ADHD on your own?
7) Any comment you would like to express or voice to a future and aspiring psychologist??