Jennifer - posted on 02/10/2009 ( 9 moms have responded )
My 3 yo daughter has always mouthed inedible things, but this weekend we had to actually use our first aid skills because she tried to swallow a rock and it got lodged in her throat. Her OT gave us some things to try, but she still seems attracted to the things she is not supposed to put in her mouth. I have tried chewing gum, but it is still considered a choking hazard at her age (and we don't need any more choking). Has anyone else been through this or have any advice on how to stop her from putting things in her mouth?