Should moms train themselves in self defense?

Diane - posted on 12/13/2010 ( 4 moms have responded )

45

25

6

I think that all women should have some experience with the martial arts. Try taking a self defense course for women. Situational awareness is a vital concern when protecting your loved ones, and you can go a long way in being taught some basic practices.

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS

4 Comments

View replies by

YaChin - posted on 12/15/2010

46

238

2

90% of the time if you're alert and confident nothing will happen. In the remaining 10% when something does happen, I think knowing what's going to happen (being hit) from the training will help, knowing a bit of technique to throw will help, and knowing that you'll fight til the end and never give up will help too!

Diane - posted on 12/15/2010

45

25

6

I agree. The reality is that no matter how much training you receive you still can't ever be 100% confident in your safety. A big part of the training is just learning to be aware. It is kind of like those spy movies where the training includes instant recognition.

YaChin - posted on 12/14/2010

46

238

2

Yes absolutely! A bit of technique and a mother's fury goes a long long way!

If you see this, leave this form field blank.
Powered by RESPECT not THUMPS

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms