Katherine - posted on 12/03/2011 ( 19 moms have responded )
1. OMG! He/she looks just like your husband! We know. Zip it.
2. I lost all my baby weight in the hospital. There is simply no civil response to a statement like this.
3. Breast is best, you know. Yes, we're aware of that. Mind your own damn business.
4. You look exhausted. No shit.
5. Awwww, did you really want a boy/girl (whichever one you didn't end up with)? Yes! And fortunately babies come with an exchange policy, so we're expecting to trade her in any day!
6. You sure have your hands full! Why, yes, yes we do. Want to lend one of yours?
7. She needs a hat. So do you. On your mouth.
8. He's/She's so small/big/long/short/thin/fat. In what world are these observations welcome?!
9. My baby was sleeping all night every night from birth. Well, then how about you come and sleep-train mine?
10. When are you having the next one?
Got any to add?