Katherine - posted on 07/11/2011 ( 15 moms have responded )
1. I'm wearing maternity jeans but I haven't been pregnant in six years.
2. I hate reading bedtime stories. I only do it because I know I have to. Sometimes, I just let them fall asleep watching TV.
3. I kiss my young teenager goodbye in the morning as she leaves for school, rising above the hormone-fueled snarling and histrionics. Then I close the front door and flip her off, with both hands.
4. I forget to brush my 1- and 2-year-olds' teeth. I am not sure why it’s so hard for me to remember, but it’s a good thing that these teeth will fall out.
5. Hidden in the pantry in a box labeled “flour” is top of the line chocolate and a few joints. I rarely resort to it, but it’s a comfort knowing it’s there.
6. I miss the career I gave up more than I miss my son when I go to the grocery store. But I always get to go back to him.
7. Once a woman asked me if I breastfed my baby, so I asked her if she shaved her vagina. Sorry, you don't like personal questions? Me neither.
8. I confiscated my teenager's stash of pot, gave her a lecture, and have been smoking it ever since myself.
9. I joined a gym just for the free daycare. I drop the kids off and read magazines and blogs in the locker room.
10. At the end if the day, my needs are really simple: To be able to shit in peace.
11. I throw candy wrappers behind the couch and then blame the kids when my husband finds them.
12. My kids hardy bathe in the summer. The pool totally counts.
13. I knew my daughter had lice and I sent her to school anyway because I didn't want to cancel my hair appointment.
14. I buy store-made muffins and pass them off as my own for bake sales.
15. Everyone thinks I'm such a great mom for teaching my daughter how to read already. It wasn't me. It was the Leapfrog pen. I had no idea she could read.
16. I have a favorite child and I am hardest on him because I feel so guilty about it.
17. I clock out of motherhood at 8 p.m. I'm so done that I walk out even if they aren't all tucked in bed and go hide in the basement with my laptop and a beer.
18. Mother dropping her kid for a sleepover at my house: “No food dye, no dairy, just soy milk, only organic food, and we don’t eat ANY fast food.” I let them eat all the junk they wanted. They seemed fine.
19. When my daughter asked me what comes after a trillion, I told her "a gazillion." Um, we are homeschoolers. Not supposed to just make shit up.
20. Three kids and my husband has never changed a poopy diaper. He says he hates the smell -- like I like it?! I'm going to shove the next one in his pillow.
21. I often see kids and say, "My baby is WAAAY cuter." Not every baby is cute.
22. I've been socking away $5s and $10s for years and finally have two thousand dollars. No idea what I'll do with it, but having my own money again is empowering.
23. Questions of the day: 1) How did the pepperoni get stuck to the ceiling? 2) Why didn't gravity kick in & make it fall? 3) How did I not notice this? 4) When did we have pizza last?
24. I put my kids to bed in their clothes so I don't need to get them dressed the next day.
25. I confess that most days, I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. Everyone thinks I have it all together -- good wife, good mom, successful career -- but I really don't. I'm ready to stop pretending to be perfect now.
So, what's YOUR mommy confession?
Put my kid to sleep in clothes? Check.
Forgot to brush my 2yo's teeth? Check.
Would LOVE to shit in peace
Thrown stuff behind the couch and blamed the kids....yep
Can you relate?