Katherine - posted on 05/06/2012 ( 11 moms have responded )
1. Put her to bed without supper -- No matter what I said, she was refusing to eat! So if she wasn't hungry, I wasn't forcing it down her throat ... guess who woke up the next morning ready for breakfast!
2. Let her go to school in shorts on a cold day -- B's daughter was insistent that it was warm enough for shorts, and allllllll her friends' moms were letting them wear summery clothes. So B. gave in. The way she saw it; one day being chilly would put a stop to the whining. It did (and yes, she sent her with a coat to put on so she wasn't freezing to death!).
3. Smacked him in the face -- C's son unexpectedly bit her, hard, on the leg! And she said the reaction was automatic, like slapping at a mosquito when it bites you ... not as punishment.
4. Hit my daughter square in the face with a doorknob -- You know how kids can't climb out of a crib until all of a sudden one day they do? I could hear my daughter crying after naptime, so I ran up to her room, and threw the door open to get her out of her crib ... only she wasn't in her crib! She was standing right behind the door, having JUST learned how to climb out. And that knob and her little face were right at the same level. Worst mom ever?
5. Left my 3-year-old daughter in time-out for 45 minutes -- C's daughter was so quiet in time out, she actually forget she was there ... when she realized almost an hour had gone by, she went up there and found her flat out asleep!
6. Forgot to pick him up from school -- You know what happens when the school changes its schedule, and you're at home with a busy toddler? You do what C did: totally forget that they changed the schedule.
7. Let her kid to go to school without underwear on -- There comes a time in every mom's life when she is just so relieved her kid can dress herself, that she does not question when said kid comes out of her bedroom wearing a clean pair of jeans and a t-shirt without holes. But when J got the text from the babysitter asking if she was aware that her daughter wasn't wearing underwear, she was mortified. Then it got worse: turns out the kid had gone to school that way three times! Guess who is making the kid get dressed in the living room now?
Come on, you know you have a story that sounds bad until you tell the whole thing. Spill!
Umm, my older daughter threw a huge book at my 2 year old's face and wham I smacked her in the face. It hit my 2 year old in the eye and gave her an almost black eye.