Michelle - posted on 01/04/2011 ( 2 moms have responded )
I am 38, with my third on the way, two others 12, and almost 4, and currently, a spiffy young-hearted blonde with a lot of heaviness on my heart! I just want some great, unbiased advice from the public in general. Last March, after a long battle with several trips to ER and doctors, I was told I had "Polymyocitis" a rare muscle dystrophy type of disease. Since then, I have lost one baby, right after finding out pregnant (last april), and have been to all kinds of doctors. (Very frustrating). My labs are inconclusive and I have a brand new Rheum to see on this Thursday, a top notch high risk ob , an internal med doc who is also a hematologist, oncologist, and specializes in obstetrics/gyn, as well as a gastroenterologist, and my primary of course. I consider all of these doctors very good, but I don't think they truly are getting how bad I feel, and am not sure how to get it across without just getting irate at this point.
I am 17.5 weeks, and feel like I am having attacks of what I would consider signs of serious cardiac/vasular disease, and possible impending heart attack. They are worse at night, and so far, I have been told after many er visits, and otherwise, that it is only gastro related, but now I'm beginning to seriously think they're wrong. No one wants to run cats on me, and I am at the point of screaming at someone. I am a small framed lady and look alot younger than 38, but certainly dont feel it, and am thinking they are just being supercautious; but at this point, I think the benefits far outweigh the risks. For over several months, I have had ongoing chest pain, facial/left side numbness, severe weakness, dizziness, and am tired and short of breath virtually all the time. I had an echo done last March, but now they say I would need a full Cat Angio with Iodine. With this pregnancy, as my others, I am using Zofran/Ondansetron, because my tummy was severely messed up the first trimester; I didn't think the vomiting could get any worse, but geez!!! They were about to do an endoscope but the gastro said, "Let's wait". After looking back, reading, praying, and just about everything any good mom would do, I can't help thinking I have a hidden cardiac/vascular/pulm problem, and need very conclusive cat scans? Any suggestions on getting docs to do what you want? I have been patient and know that if something happens to me, there certainly won't be a lil sweetie to hold. I have read so much info and it appears the amounts of RAD are actually very small, so I think it time to be a really sassy mommy!