Jennifer - posted on 12/25/2010 ( 1 mom has responded )
I have been looking into Starting a support group here in my home town. We are a pretty big city and yet we still don't have a pregnancy and infant loss support group. I have contacted Share inc. and they called me back. I am really looking forward to getting things together to have a meeting with our two big hospitals here in town to see if they will back me. Starting a group of my own will cost me about 500.00. I have never been to a support group before, due to the fact we don't have one..... so I have a few questions for anyone all who goes to one currently or for those who went to one and liked it.
1. What were some things that really helped you?
2. Did you guys have guest speakers? did they help? what did they talk about? (nurses, Professionals, ext..?)
3. Did your group leaders have "outings" like a balloon release..ext? Did you find it helpful?
4. Did you guys have fundraisers?
5. Did you guys have support partners to call?
Basically anything you guys can tell me about how you guys operated and what really helped you through your grieving process.....
If you so happen to be a group leader I would love if you have any advise on how to raise money, get the hospital to help me, how to get guest speakers, HOW YOU DO IT! ????
Thank you for your time and help!