What questions should I ask a nanny before hiring her?
Sue - posted on 06/07/2010
I would also have a list of expectations, for example: You expect the nanny to play with the child and not be on the computer or cell phone, you expect the nanny to be on time, you expect the nanny to not socialize with her boyfriend and other friends while caring for your child, etc. Can you tell I've had trouble with a nanny before?
Jessica - posted on 06/07/2010
Here are a few good ones I've asked potential nannies:
1. What is your philosophy about discipline?
2.Why do you do this work?
3. Do you have your own children/younger siblings that you've taken care of?
4. Describe the best child you've ever babysat for and the worst child.
5. What would you do in an emergency situation?
6. Present an example problem and see how they would resolve it.
7. What do you do when you're angry with a child?
8. Do you have CPR training? Can you swim? Do you know how to drive....
9. (for older children) what would you do if he/she revealed something to you that you know I wouldn't approve of?
10. Do you smoke/drink/use drugs and what's your view point on them?
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms