Katherine - posted on 12/29/2010 ( 3 moms have responded )
Forget sweet songs, campfires, cookie sales, and its "Kumbaya" to sisterhood. The Girl Scouts are apparently pushing a secret liberal agenda.
Hans Zeiger, a 25-year-old Eagle Scout and a Republican candidate for Washington state's House of Representatives, says this feminist agenda is bad for today's youth. Here's one quote from Zeiger, since removed from the Intellectual Conservative (cached version is still available):
"One might wonder why the Girl Scouts have been spared the painful attacks that have been launched upon the Boy Scouts by the Left in recent years. The reasons are simple: the Girl Scouts allow homosexuals and atheists to join their ranks, and they have become a pro-abortion, feminist training corps .... If the Girl Scouts of America can't get back to teaching real character, perhaps it will be time to look for our cookies elsewhere."
Oh, I always wondered how I earned this badge with a burning bra on it. Now I know.
While Zeiger wagged a judgmental finger at the Girl Scouts, he has continually backed the Boy Scout's anti-gay and anti-religious-freedom "agendas"; heck, they even have anti-fat policies.
And according to The News Tribune, since liberals dug up this statement about the Girl Scouts, this commentary from Zeiger and other ludicrous statements he's made or written have been removed. Sounds like someone's doing some cleanup. For political reasons. To appear he's not as crazy as he just might be.
But maybe it's true what Zeiger says. Maybe the Girl Scout leaders of the world (so perfectly disguised as, you know, gracious volunteer moms!) really do have a liberal agenda up their leaderly sleeves. Maybe they're not just trying to empower young girls but building an army to take over the world.
In fact, I was just over on the Girl Scouts of America website and here are some of the messages I saw. If you read closely, you'll see, the association may really be a secret society bent on global domination.
10 Signs the Girl Scouts Are Pushing a Scary Feminist, Lesbian, Pro-Choice Agenda
1. Right off the bat, there's an article posted on the site titled "What if Girls Ran the World?" Great. First a Muslim President running the country and now GIRLS want a piece of the action? Wow. Just wow. What is the world coming to? Don't they have some Barbies or toy irons they should be playing with or something?
2. What's this Thinking Day thing? Some secret event created for the sole purpose of celebrating socialist countries and a bunch of terrorists in training?
3. Apparently, Girl Scouts is unveiling something called "The Changing Face of Fashion." What's this about? Combat boots with their uniforms?
4. The Girl Scout tag line is "discover the fun, friendship, and power of girls together -- and you can be a part of it." Hmm. Yep, sounds like a lesbian recruitment camp alright.
5. What's this? President Obama recently signed the Girl Scout Commemorative Coin Act. Sure, a Coin Act. That's code for secret planning meeting for the league of left-wing extremists.
6. The Girl Scouts share with readers "The Three C's of Good Decisions": Just guess what the second "C" is; you guessed it. Choice!
7. Here's one of the suggested activities for Girl Scouts who want to earn the Global Action badge. I can only guess what the pro-abortion subtext might be: "Read stories and watch videos of real teens who have become pregnant. Learn about their experiences and how to prevent teenage pregnancy [subtext: get an abortion if this ever happens to you]. Find out where local teens can go for help [subtext: locate the abortion clinic]. Discuss what you learned with other teens [subtext: abortions rule!]."
8. T-shirts that read "Girltopia," huh? Uh, where's the "Boytopia" shirt? Boys should be able to get a "Boytopia" Girl Scout shirt. This is reverse sexism.
9. Girl Scout camp? Hmm. What exactly are they doing at those so-called "camps" anyway?
10. In the Girl Scout law, they have an asterisk on God! An asterisk! "On my honor, I will try: To serve God* and my country..." An asterisk! The footnote to "God" is: "'God' can be interpreted in a number of ways, depending on one's spiritual beliefs. When reciting the Girl Scout Promise, it is OK to replace the word 'God' with whatever word your spiritual beliefs dictate." I wonder if the Boy Scout powers that be choked on their neckerchiefs when they saw that liberal, politically correct, anti-Christian asterisk.
So folks, I was a Girl Scout for several years, and I might know a little more than I'm letting on. However, if I told you, I'd have to hypnotize you, kidnap you, and make you wear a sash with badges until you learned how to say "Girl Power" like you mean it.
Say it with me. Girl Power!
What do you think the Girl Scouts are secretly up to?
I read this and I was furious. How dare he????