Jenny - posted on 08/20/2009 ( 34 moms have responded )
Traci wrote:" Stimulus money was for anything from welfare programs to "make work" projects, much of the money hasn't even been spent yet"
Christa wrote: "TARP was a temporary loan to banks which had to be repaid, the stimulus was just frivolous spending that was WAY TOO MUCH. Now I do believe we needed some stimulus, but 787 billion was WAY TOO MUCH. Actually McCain sponsored a lesser stimulus for around 500 billion and it was never even considered. So if McCain had been in office things would have been drastically different. Mary, I do believe some of the stimulus has been effective, but like you said only 10% has been spent and there has been an improvement, do we really need to waste the other 90% and put us and our children further in debt? The spending is OUT OF CONTROL and it needs to be stopped. "
Ok so now that I understand the difference between the two so I'll focus on the stimulus. If McCain wanted 287 Billion less than Obama did but the majority of the funds are not even spent then what is exactly the issue? Do they have to spend all the funds or is that just the number that is available if it is required down the road? Does it matter how much funds are available if they are not being used?
Personally I think it's time to audit the Federal Reserve. If you want to know where the sneaky underhandedness of the government is occuring that's the place to look first. I have a quote of Bernake's admitting the Fed caused the last Depression (from the Fed's website even) and I'm betting this meltdown was just as engineered.
Keep the people in fear and you can whatever you want. Terrorism, Economy, Killer Bees, SARS, West Nile Virus, Swine Flu. These are all the same thing, scare tactics to keep the population in line. Why is there never a breather? There is always some catostrophic event occuring that could mean the end of things that we know it. I think it's high time to start calling bullshit and throw the bums on the streets. Why are there no suicide bombers in America? How complicated can it really be to blow yourself up in a crowd of people? The media is the first that needs to go, save for independant sources. Any media owned by a corporation cannot be trusted, from Fox to MSNBC to CNN, they are different faces of the same terrible creature.
The next thing that needs to go are politicians, every last one of them. Why do peope vote on parties anyway, shouldn't we vote on issues? Direct Democracy is the way I'd like to see it go. Politicians should not be voting on thier belief systems or how they feel on a certain issue. They are to carry out the will of the constituents and really should not have a personal opinion or party line bias on the matter as they are there as a representative to sign the paperwork and nothing more.
There is this weird thing going on right now that I feel is about to get very violent. The country is being pitted against each other and becoming very distracted from the real issues. Health care reform should not be that complicated. If it was the Republicans trying to pass it, it would be the Democrats freaking out but with less guns lol. Both sides got to go and get back to being people who care about issues. There is no such thing as left or right or red or blue. There are only people and families trying to make their the best they can. Reading the rheotoric on both sides is so very frustrating, I hope progress comes soon and not in the form of a campaign slogan.