Is there any way I can make going back to work easier?

Whether it's returning to work right after maternity leave or after your kids go to school, the transition back to work is difficult. What are some tips to make going back to work easier?

2 33

Prepare as many meals in advance as time and freezer space permits. Makes it so much easier to have have that one thing less to do. A pressure cooker and slow cooker can be great time savers too. No matter what, it's always hard going back to work after any extended period of time off. I have no secrets or tips that will help make it easier to deal with the separation. That is something that we just have to endure. It eventually gets easier. My advice is do whatever you can to save on time spent on all the other tasks so you can maximize the family time. My husband was a big help...he always got the bottles ready for me since I pumped because our daycare needed them pre filled. Have set days for cleaning by rooms or tasks...Monday- kitchen and bathrooms, Tuesday-floors or set a timer every day for a half hour and what gets done, gets done. Having everything organized the night before helps in getting out the door, especially on the up half the night mornings after.

5
41 0

my best friend's mother makes $67 an hour on the internet. She has been laid off for 7 months but last month her pay was $19342 just working on the internet for a few hours. try this website ......www.max38.com

20 7

Going back to work after the birth of your new baby can be difficult- but here are a few tips that can make it a bit easier: The week before you head back to work, leave your child with the caregiver and make some time for yourself, grab a coffee, go window shopping, visit your local bookstore or library, get a manicure, etc. Try not to call every few minutes. I say this because when you go back to work you probably are not going to be checking in as much as you would like. You will probably be checking in on your breaks. So, try to get that down now. This will definately help and make your transition back to work much smoother. Good luck, and don't feel guilty about earning an income to help support your family!

1
41 0

5 10

how about the one who've been away for 9 years! I honestly want to go back to find a job but not sure how to present myself!!. I know it is all come back but it's the push or the confident to get out and start all over again. I wish you the best.

1
41 0

2 17

Hard question - the only thing I can think to say: after I went back to work part-time, at my next birthday, my kids gave me a ring they'd gotten out of a quarter vending machine. They told me that I could wear it work, and that way I'd always remember them. It meant a lot to them that I'd be thinking of them while at work. You could get something like that for your kids to give to you, telling them you'll wear it every day and think of them. (I don't wear the ring... it is pretty cheap - but I appreciated their thoughtfulness.) Maybe show them a picture of them you'll have on your desk, have them draw you pictures to take to work. Something to show the kids that they're still involved with you life, even when you're away from them.

1
41 0

2,093 0

I went back to work right after our second child was born. I didn't find it difficult at all. The key for me was finding childcare that I was completely comfortable with (in our case, that was loving grandparents that I was pleased to see our children develop a strong bond with) and not working more hours than our family was able to absorb comfortably. We have four children now (9, 8, 5 and 4) and I'm home full time. I honestly think that a lot of moms find going back to work hard because it really isn't the right choice for their family. If you find it really difficult to go back to work don't be afraid to take that as a sign that it isn't the right choice right now.

0
28 1

I have not gone back to work yet and i do not plan to for a while but i just feel so scared to levae my son behind. What are some things i could do to comfort myself and my baby so it can be easier for both of us?

0
41 0

24 19

depends on your situation but having your child in care where they are safe and happy is pretty important! be organised have a good routine in place for the whole family..

0
41 0

6 8

Keep a schedule so you can get everything done but otherwise just do it. I never understood people that were so attached that they couldn't go back to work I welcomed getting out of the tediness of the house so sorry if I sound a bit rude about it. I went back to work not for money but so I wasn't in the house day in and day out in complete issolation I've tried it twice with both my kids and it drove me batty LOL. Just learn to wake up and hit the floor running and realize sending your kids off to a daycare is probably one of the best decisions you can make because kids need early socialization where they can learn how to treat others with respect and if you can get into a place like early headstart & headstart then you know your kids are getting eduated too and if you realize you're doing the best by your kiddos then most likely the whole emotional thing will go out the window and the only task left is to scheduling, multi-tasking and preppign things like meals or start part of laundry before running out the door each day. Admittedly I only sleep 6 hrs a night and from 6am to 12pm every day I feel like a chicken with my head cut off but having a good work ethic is also good for your children to see. .... Now time for more coffee got to get the next kiddo off to the bus :)

0
41 0

35 76

Be prepared-I went back to work in late November I had been a sahm primarily for the previous 13 yrs with a few seasonal or at home positions in the interm. I started back part time and then as time progressed I went full time. Hubs was home due to a layoff in summer and has just recently found a possible position. Our teens are 15 & 17 however they have learning disabilities. I never felt until this yr that they were confident/capable enough to go solo. With plenty of practice and skill development they are fine and actually looking forward to being on their own. We have a number of people on standby for them and access to local organizations that provide recreational support. I made a daily chart of my hrs and now hubs hrs including contact info and friends/family contacts as well. I do a daily meal chart so they know what is for all meals including snacks and I leave things ready like lunch and snacks for them. Dinner is usually something I or my hubs makes when we get home-although there is plenty of microwaveable type foods-soups, leftovers, pasta etc for the teens should they need to eat before we get home. Or I have something in the crock to eat when they are home from school. They get home from about 4-430 most days. By 5 they are ready to eat. Make sure you have clothing laid out-the closet hanging dividers are great for this-I use one for sweaters and place the week's clothing in there each Sunday-it keeps everyone on track and there is no what am I going to wear or I have nothing to wear questions-its all clean and ready. I put in extra's like sweaters or extra long pants should the weather not be as predicted. We leave notes for each other-for example with the teens I might ask them to empty the dishwasher or vacumn or take out garbage. My 17 yr old can do laundry so I might ask her to do a load or switch an existing load if I have started one before I go to work.
The key is to be prepared and to do as much as you can to organize yourself in advance-I use my one day off a week to prep meals, snacks, clean house, do laundry, sort clothing etc. I do all that I can on that one day so the week goes smoothly. I find it so much easier to have everything done so I can just get up dress and head to work knowing that everyone knows what is happening and can do what needs to be done when I am not home.

0
41 0

1 8

Right after maternity leave you have to accept the fact if you need to work you work. its hard to leave the little one but if you have reshearched the right person that you feel will take care of that little one like you would . I knew parents that would drop their little one off at 6:30am at day care and not pick them up till 7pm that is way to long for your child to be in day care. You have to feel they are interacting with other children and learning lots. Just cover them with love when you are with them give them some time with you. As of them going to school every child in the world has gone to school its what you do with them after school and on the weekends they are your off spring not your parents. you do need time with your partner thats when you use the grandparents.School is an adventure for them a chance to discover who they are. Donna

0
41 0

3 9

I guess one would have to do what's best for their family. I need a job that will work with all of my children needs again. I have three at different stages in their lives.

0
1 8

Very good that you put the children first. Perhaps when they get alittle older you can persue your dreams. Donna

25 90

Im going back to work in a month and a half. - Im finding the anxiety of leaving my child hard. But I have arranged for my mom to watch my child, more for me than my daughter (she doesnt care that Im not there...). I just feel alot better knowing the person that is now with my child more hours during the day than I am, is going to be 1 of the 2 people I trust will help mould her into a good person with respect. This is my biggest concern, that the caregivers morals are not the same as mine. My daughter is in a soft influential state of mind. Knowing that the people I have to care for her are my own mother who made me who I am today and my bestfriend who is pretty well me.... just prettier. lol. A reliable, caring caregiver is going to be your rock during this time.

0
9 0

If you really really HAVE TO go back to work, then good for you that you are NOT putting your child in a paid help's hands. Grandmas are wonderful. :)

0 0

Hi, I'm juggling school runs and a toddler and after being made redundant twice I thought I'd have a go at Pampered Chef parties, I started in October, it's totally flexible and no targets etc. It's really good fun, gets me out of the house and so far I have earnt £30-£100 for each party, not a rate of pay you can find in Tesco's... for a few hours of fun.
If anyone wants to know more give me a call, 01454 771956, 07788 140778.
Mandy

0
1 8

you go girl sounds like fun!!! Donna

0 0

*It depends on your job. For example with my first child I made jobs for a magazine I worked in. It was not so big deal to return to my job desk.
* Have a nanny you trust. It's no need to worry about your children when you are at work. It is normal to have a "adaptation period" like a child attending a kindergarten first time, but good mummies don't HAVE to worry all the time - it's a myth.
*Part-time job - very nice possibility to start. You can "wave your brains" and share your time with family.
*Work-at-home? When my second daughter was half-year old, I started my own business - babysitter agency. It was not such nice idea to work in a same place where baby is. So one of my first clients was... me:)

0
9 0

Augustine, while your comment is nice and practical, and I applaude it, I'd have to winch a bit at the NANNY part. Having a nanny you trust -- even so, the kid needs the mommy, not a paid help who'd pretend she cares for the money she gets. Mom vs nanny is like Earth vs. Pluto. No life was discovered on Pluto, btw. :)

0 0

well a couple things.. I went back intending to work 4 ten hr days but it didn't work out. I was constantly called in to work on my "day off". Finally the decision was made to step down in to a role that did not require as much responsibility and I LOVE it.
Also.. immediately when I returned towork . I discovered Dream Dinners which helped with meals at home.

0
1 8

Thats great you see you discovered another path that makes you happy Donna

0 0

I think you just do it and it becomes easier as the days go by. I was 6 months preg when I went to college and finished with all A's, got a job and have a career. Its not easy! It was damn near impossible. There's no such thing as easy when it comes to work/school and babies. If you go from being at home to having a job, well that's a huge transition and takes a ton of motivation. So for me, never having a break made it "easy". I cannot imagine having a baby, not working and then having to go back, because you lose your momentum and routine. My answer is: don't break your stride or you'll have to start over again... I had my kid during exams and went back honest to god the next week. If I had stopped there I would have flunked out. It gets easier with time and routine. Ease into it?

0
20 7

wow! you sound like a super mom! Got right back to business!