Baby showers after the first child

What do you think of having a baby shower for your second, third, or later children? Under what circumstances do you think it makes sense to do this? Are there circumstances in which you think it's not okay to have another baby shower?

65 28

I think you should have a baby shower for EVERY child. Even if you don't need anything. A baby shower is a celebration of having a new baby, not just for receiving gifts and money. The baby may grow up and see or hear about his/her older sister/brothers baby shower and may think " was i not important enough to celebrate?". Just my opinion!

2
0 19

WE DIDNT HAVE A FULL BLOWN BABY SHOWER BUT WE INVITED EVERYONE OVER FOR A SURPRISE DIAPER PARTY......EVERYONE BROUGHT A PKG OF DIAPERS ANY SIZE AND THAT IS SOMETHING ALL NEW PARENTS LOVE AND REALLY STOCKS THE CLOSET........EVEN SOME OF THE SINGLE GUYS OR GALS CAN PICK UP A PKG OF DIAPERS AT THE GROCERY!! SOME OTHER FRIENDS OF OURS HAD A DIAPER POKER PART Y FOR THE DADS.......

1
13 158

This is great we do a diaper party to but everyone who brings a bag gets put in a drawing for a 25.00 gift card or basket!!

0 16

I had a shower for my first but not my second, third or fourth. Thirteen years later when I had my fifth I* needed one!

1
28 0

You can have baby shower for second also. The original intent was to share wisdom and lessons on the art of becoming a mother. Here you can find creative decoration ideas http://www.momjunction.com/articles/best-baby-shower-decoration-ideas-you-can-try_0077853/

0
299 21

I've heard that after your first it's ok to have another shower if it's different gender or more than 5 years between, I had one with my first boy, and then two years later for my girl, but 2.5 years later with my second boy I am not having another shower

0
3 0

I had one shower for my first child. Luckily my second child was also a boy so I had lots of hand-me-downs. Close family members and close friends were very generous in bringing a gift when they came to see my second son. I think that one shower should be appreciated and sufficient...... unless perhaps you have children 10 or more years apart.
To expect someone to give you a shower every time you have a baby is asking a little too much from your friends or family members in my humble opinion.

0
3 0

Just to add on.... Every baby is a blessing and should be celebrated, but not necessarily with a shower.

7 0

absolutely have one it is a blessing to have a child no matter how many you already have and it should be celebrated I am a Nana of 12 and have done my share lol hopefully not again for a while though Christmas is getting expensive

0
38 0

I had a baby shower for my first child. I asked my boyfriend about this, and he proposed to have a mini-vacation to celebrate since we have most of the things we need, regardless of the sex of our new baby, most things I bought in neutral colors. So I won't have a shower for my second, but we will celebrate my pregnancy!!

0
0 4

I agree with Tiffany, Babyshower for every child. I regret not having a party for my second child. I had one for my first and third and even though I had things to use for my second child from the first just to celebrate for the baby would have been nice.

0
52 0

Definitely baby shower must be given . There is nothing to think on this . It's should be given by each and every body on this blissful day .
Baby food containers

0
7 13

It was explained to me while pregnant with my 2nd, that after the 1st child, it's not a shower. It's a sprinkling! The distinction being, this is to celebrate the baby & give SMALL gifts, since presumable, even after a few years, you still have most of the larger, durable items.

0
76 11

II think you should have a baby shower for your 1st child...if you are having a baby thats a different sex than the other children or if you are having a boy 5 or so years after your last one.

0