Can you suggest a fun birthday party game or creative activity for 6-8 year-olds?

0 0

I think something fun and easy to do is a cooking or chef party. Pre cut pizza toppings and have small flat pitas. Each child gets an apron to keep as a party favor. You could even let them decorate those too. Then they get to eat their creation. =)

1
0 0

Anything crafty is a great option for this age group. In the past, I've offered craft activities such as decorating mini jewellery boxes, sand art, painting and decorating wooden photo frames & beading. A craft activity is great because it takes time to do (which keeps the children occupied) and it provides the guests with a lovely party keepsake to take home.

1
0 5

Your local craft store is a treasure trove to matching a fun activity to your party theme. We've done a craft for every home party! I love a party favor that does double duty as an activity...from painting ceramic and wood items, to making your own soap, you name it, you can find it for boys and girls. For example, at a recent movie party, (Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief), boys painted dragons while girls painted mirrors that had unfinished frames. At an ice cream party, I found 3-packs of ceramic ice cream cones and sundaes, put out paint, and let the kids enjoy themselves.

1
0 0

I know a great game called snatch the keys. It is for 6 or more players and should be played outside or in an open area(such as a large room).It's so much fun and the object of the game is silence. To play, put a chair in the middle of the playing area and put a set of keys under it. Then, one player is chosen to be IT. She sits in the chair and is blindfolded. Then,another player goes to the chair and trys to silently take the keys. If it hears them, she says stealer and another kid trys to take the keys. If some one takes the keys successfully, they are the next one in the chair and the game continues. P.S;the longer you play,the more fun the game becomes so stop playing before it gets out of hand.

0
0 0

Nice info about Catch My Party blog, thank you for this idea.
Jukebox

0
1

A great game to play is four corners. It's the perfect game for a large group and it involves being quiet so you won't be out. To start, number the corners of your playing room 1-4 and explain to the group where each corner is. Now,the birthday kid is to be seated in a chair in the middle of the room and then blindfolded. Next,the rest of the group goes quietly to one of the four corners. After about 30 seconds,they should all be in a corner. Then,the birthday kid calls out a number from 1-4. Anyone who was in this corner is out. This process continues and more kids will be out.(the middle child can call the same corner twice in a row)When there's only 8 people left,there can only be two in a corner. When there's just 4 kids left,everyone has to be in different corners. If the blindfolded person calls out a corner without any kids,everyone changes corners again before a new corner is chosen. The one person left wins and gets to be the new kid in the middle chair.There's no limit to how many times you play. You can play as time allows or until everyone has had a chance in the middle.

0
0 0

This is best for kids starting at 7 years old and up who can read and help the younger kids. I think 8 years old is perfect. Google: Super Treasure Hunt
The party host designs the game for indoors or outdoors. You need to have a combination lock, and you put it on a tool chest or something that can serve as a treasure chest. Inside you hide party prizes. We like to put in chocolate coins to give it the feeling of opening a treasure chest along with other toys and prizes. The game costs 15$, but it is completely customizable to your home game. It also has free birthday cards and invitations you can make and print right from home. It's really cool. Some parents have designed longer games if they have a lot of land where the kids get on bikes and search for the clues. The clues get turned into hieroglyphics and the kids solve the clues, it takes about 2 hours to complete and they have loads of fun running around from clue to clue. Adults can be team captains and join in the fun if they want, but as long as the kids are left to their own devices, they can do it all by themselves. It's fun watching them.

0
0 0

When I was a kid one of my favorite games was the candy bar game where you sit in a cirlcle and get to choose a candy bar that was in a pile in the center of the circle. You put it in a paper lunch bag and hoped to keep it. But the game was a lot like a white elephant gift exchange where you could steal someone else's candy bar (you just had to remember what they had!) and you went around the circle a couple more times trying to get what you wanted. Candy is like a million dollars to 6 year olds- they love it!

0
0 0

We had a Mad Scientist Birthday Party for my son when he turned 6. It was so much fun because we made homemade slime, and other different science experiments. The kids LOVED it! Here is the link below.

http://www.funsavingmoney.net/2010/01/inexpensive-birthday-party-ideas-for.html

0
0 0

Felt art pouches! They make great party favors and they're great for in the car! Instructions are in this link: http://www.nicochic.com/homepage/item/200-diy-party-favors

0
0 0

Kids always love craft activities especially at this age! This age group is getting to a point where they enjoy sleep overs so a fun craft to do at a sleep over would be to design pillow cases with paint or have everyone make and design a pillow case for the birthday girl!

0
6 0

for my daughters Oriental Party we made embellished alice or head bands see here http://www.bettybake.co.za/2011/10/oriental-party.html . and the year before for her tea party we did heart mosaics - which was so much fun - I even did one. http://www.bettybake.co.za/2010/02/friday-party-photos.html

0
0 51

I love the idea with doing anything crafty! For example a painting project where the kids can pick out there own ceramic piece and paint. Or I love cooking with kids and having them male their own food and actually eat it at the end of the party!

Best
Brianne
www.strollerincity.com

0
5 0

* something like an Easter egg hunt, but have different prizes hidden (or a simple scavenger hunt)
* a pinata is always fun
* bingo- (simple and can be as long or short as you wan to make it - with dollar store prizes!)
* coloring contest (they can judge each other- or everyone can win! :)
* buy a bunch of beads & strings, & fastners etc, & let them make their own "party favors" to bring home- or a gift for mom or dad(like a necklace, bracelet, key chain or book mark:)- they have sports beads for boys too at places like Michaels or fabric/craft stores!
* tie die t-shirts (may be messy- but maybe for an outdoor party)
* one of the favorite things we did was a sundae bar- buy a large bucket or 2 of ice cream & have candies, nuts, fruit, chocolate, whipped cream, sprinkles- etc.- & let them build (and eat) their own ice cream sundae!
enjoy!

0
0 0

We held a very successful Explorer Party for my six-year old. He made most the suggestions - we were happy to oblige where we could and realise his dream! Cheap and cheerful, fun and creative Oh and EXCITING! - did I mention they found treasure!
http://home-adventurer.blogspot.com/2011/02/now-he-is-six.html

0
0 0

Whipped Cream Pie Pass the Parcel game is an all time favourite here. Have children stand in one line. Two plates of whipped cream are passed from each player along the line whilst players are dancing to the music. When the music stops, the player must rub the plate of whipped cream "round the world style" (start at the front and rub the plate around the head back to front), on their face. They are then out. Plates are replenished and repeated until the last player is standing. Obviously the last player get the "World treatment".

0
10 0

We hosted a Star Wars themed party for my 6 yr old son complete with foam light sabers, Vader chips (blue corn chips), and everything! The kids had a GREAT time. Check out our cakes (that's right, cakeS.... That's another story!): http://shmallergy.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/our-giant-saga-with-giants-bakery/

0
0 0

Our favorite party ever was a Space Party, which all the kids referred to as "A Glow-in-the-Dark Party," once they arrived.

We decorated the house with glow-in-the-dark stars, and set up two large fluorescent black lights, which we found at a novelty store. We told the kids to all wear white cotton so they would glow as well. The kids had so much fun running around in the dark to some upbeat music, we really didn't need to organize games. They just had fun on their own.

The cake was a retro-looking rocket ship (something you would have seen on Rolie Polie Olie), that we made from a cake baked in a football shaped pan. We just added fins, and a window made out of Jell-o.

0
12 4

i think that any kids party should be fun but at the same time have certain games that make them think and learn at the same time. Memory games, such as hiding certain objects at the beginning of the party (not to difficult) and letting them see, but at the end of the party trying to remember where the objects are and getting a prize..arts and crafts are always a number one hitter at parties also.

0
0 0

I love art parties where kids get to express their inner Picassos. Giving each kid a blank canvas and some paints is always fun, plus I love hanging up a big piece of butcher block paper and having the guests create one masterpiece together. This of course usually works best outside. :)

0
0 0

Scavenger hunts are a lot of fun! We have done them the past 2 years for my now 9 year old and everyone enjoyed. He had an Army birthday party theme, so we hid 10 items such as plastic army men, vehicles, army silly bands, and other items. Wrote them on a list and split into teams. This can be done for any birthday party them!

Also for girls, spin the nail polish! Place 5 different colors in a circle and use clear coat for the spinner. Whatever color it lands on, the child must paint one of their fingernails. The game continues until all girls have painted. Girls love this game:)

0
0 0

Kids in this age group love balloons.
One favorite is to play balloon ping pong. Paddles can be made using paper plates with paint sticks hot glued onto the back of the plate as the handle. Inflate a balloon (tie a knot) and give each kid a paddle. Rules can be simple or a little more challenging depending on the age. Keep the balloon off the floor using the paddle. Another way is to use string or rope as a "net" that the balloon has to go over back and forth.

0
0 0

Yarn Spider Web Game (Elementary School Children): Roll up a small ball of black yarn, one for each child, the size of a golf ball. Have the children stand in a circle holding their ball. A parent or helper can then tie the yarn around each child's waist and give that child the rest of the ball to hold. Each child, taking turns around the circle, tosses the ball of yarn to someone across from him. That child then wraps the yarn once around him and tosses it to another child and so on and so on. When they are done tossing and wrapping they must now get themselves out of the spider web they have made. Lots of fun.

0
0 0

The best birthday party we ever did was held at a Butterfly house where you explored the butterflies but then in a separate room one of the staff brought out loads of creepy crawlies like huge millipedes for the kids to handle, then a quick wash of the hands and into another room for the food. It was brilliant but sadly the butterfly house closed when the location was redeveloped but both the girls and boys loved the hands on experiences.

0
0 0

For my daughter's 8th birthday we had a recycled art party. Each guest was encouraged to bring a bag of items they would have otherwise throw away. The bulk of the party was spent with the kids creating what ever they could out of boxes, egg cartons, papers and all sorts of other goodies & each went home with a work of art. It was a huge hit & the kids had a fantastic time. For more on the party visit here: http://anticipationcards.blogspot.com/2010/06/recycled-art-birthday-party.html ; http://anticipationcards.blogspot.com/2010/06/recycled-party-favors.html & http://anticipationcards.blogspot.com/2010/05/recycled-birthday-party-invites.html

0
0 0

Get in your wizarding best and play a good ole game of quidditch. Kids will have a "ball" reenacting the fun Harry Potter sport, including a snitch, quaffles, bludgers and brooms! A few tweaks to the official rules and your kiddos and their friends will be remembering this birthday for years to come. Here's a link for official rules and other Harry Potter ideas: http://www.flaxandtwine.com/2011/11/harry-potter-party.html

0
0 0

A few months ago I posted "Top 10 Kid Parties" with ideas including an adorable "Office Party," "Sock Monkey Party," "Candy Land Party," "Monster Party," "One Fish, Two Fish," Hungry Caterpillar," "Pirates," and more! Each theme has endless opportunities for crafts and activities!

0
0 0

I like kids to be creative. Often times, I make sure the activity can be taken home as the favor. For one party I wrapped scrap pieces of cardboard with cute patterned fabric. Then provided fabric markers and stencils for them to create artwork. I've printed out an original design that coordinates with the party theme on watercolor paper from my own printer and had the kids watercolor. There are also kits for creating your own plates. Each kit comes with markers and several rounds to color on. You do not need to pay to have them all made in to plates (about $7 each) but can send them home with an order form with the parents. I have also used that idea as a guest book. Scavenger hunts are always good and promote teamwork. Often we put out musical instruments for the kids to play with. That keeps them busy for hours. Or try looking at "old school" party games but putting a modern twist on it. Last weekend we did pin the tail on the donkey but I had someone draw the donkey, it was filled in with black and white stripes and I printed out 4' x 4'. It looked cool enough that the big kids wanted to play but didn't require that much in the way of materials or even thought. :)

0
0 0

I just pinned this fun punch box party game a few days ago. I think it would be great for this age group! http://pinterest.com/pin/74590937548056814/

0
0 0

Make your own horse riding stables

0
0 0

Kids science!

0