Did you consider a home birth?

Have you ever had a home birth or considered one? Why or why not?

0 0

It's a misconception that home birth = risky and hospital birth = safe. My loss was at the hospital. The other two were home births and everything went fine. This is just to say that things can go wrong anywhere and things can be great anywhere. You just have to figure out what you are comfortable with.

10
120 0

I had a homebirth with a midwife and doula who between them have attended hundreds of live births. It was my first child and I had an extremely healthy, easy pregnancy, ate lots of fruits and vegetables and lean protein and walked at least 20 minutes a day, and my labor was 12 hours. I got stuck in the pushing stage for 5 hours, but I did it. There was no medical problem, she was not "too big" or my pelvis "too small" like an OB would try to convince you. Her head needed time to cone up so she kept receding back after I pushed. I had a small tear that needed a few stitches which my midwife did right away.
If I were in the hospital, they probably would have done an episiotomy, and used vacuum or forceps, or threatened a c/s. I did all natural, and baby was healthy and alert, but not traumatized in any way when she came out, and she went right to the breast with no problems and was back to her birth weight within a week, and at almost 2 months has gained 6 lbs.
I will have my next child at home too, unless one of us needs medical care. I think if you're not sick, you should not be in a hospital bed with IV drips. At home, I healed quickly, I had no stress, and no nurses coming in and out telling me what I can and can't do. There's a reason that people who have a home birth after hospital birth never birth at a hospital the next time. It's perfectly safe if you have a knowledgeable, experienced midwife and so much less stressful than being in a hospital.

9
82 0

Samantha, this sort of thing happened with my daughter Susie as well. She had her first baby at home 10 months ago, with the same midwife I had for her. Susie had to push 4 1/2 hours, and the baby's head was very molded, but all was well, not even a tear, and his head began to look more normal within an hour. By the next day, you couldn't even tell. I suspect in the hospital there would have been a vacuum extractor or some other intervention. The midwife was wonderful, very supportive, and cost a whole lot less than the hospital would have.

0 0

I have had a homebirth I have also had a completely unmedicated hospital birth and a birth center birth. The homebirth was the best, hands down. Oh and I'm a labor & delivery RN & IBCLC (lactation consultant). I've seen the emergencies and interventions, I've seen the stat sections and problems. But after 8 years in a fairly busy L&D I can honestly say that the vast majority of those "emergencies" were causes by things we did to patients- pit, cervidil, epidurals, AROM, cytotec, the list goes on and on....

8
0 26

So great to hear a labor and delivery nurse who has done their research and doesn't just blindly follow what they are taught to do. Good for you! Glad your homebirth was good. I've had 2 birth center births and 2 home births and while the birth center births were great, there is really no way to beat the feeling of being in your own environment!

10 27

I agree 100% with Danielle McLarty. Interventions are often more dangerous than the natural process. The complication rates are MUCH higher in hospital than with home deliveries. When you are at home you have much better control of the situation. My oldest was 42 hours on pitocin with a 4th degree tear into my rectum the doctor sewed with NO anesthesia. He thought I was bleeding from an abruption of the placenta and put his foot on the table for leverage and pulled on the cord to pull out the placenta. I went unconscious from blood loss and it was later discovered my cervix was torn!. Small wonder I ended up having to have a hysterectomy from a prolapse after my 4th child. I had complications with my twins delivery and was in the hospital to deliver them. It was a horrible labor and delivery, because of a very short intense labor and the nurses were hateful and mean. They were screaming at me to keep my eyes open while I was pushing (still don't know why). They were very inconsiderate of my needs. I can't tell you how relieved I was go to the room after the delivery, away from those hateful nurses. The other nurses were not much better, they wouldn't bring my twins to me, one had a low body temp and low blood sugar (i nursed her and held her close, and what do you know? Her temp and sugar were normal afterwards). Then they wouldn't give me both babies at once. I couldn't handle two at once, according to them. Were they going to come home with me? I was sent home less than 12 hours after their delivery, I was so glad to go! My youngest was labored at home, with the intent of a home birth but I had a transverse arrest and had to go to the hospital for pitocin. The midwife recognized the difficulty and sent me to the hospital. That is what good midwives do! You need to make sure the midwife is well trained, has a good record and experienced. Talk to other women who have had home births and ask who they recommend. The same care you would take with an OB/GYN and Pediatrician. I am a Paramedic and have done some home births as a midwife.

7
0 1

Absolutely not. Being a labor and delivery nurse, I have seen first hand how quickly a delivery can go from wonderful to very bad... without the quick action of doctors/midwives in a hospital with access to an operating room, prognosis for a baby during one of these situations would not be good. I personally don't think a home birth should ever be an option.

6
0 0

I agree with you Jennifer. My sister had healthy twins (in the hospital). Four years later she gave birth to her son (at the hospital thank God) and her uterus did not contract and she was hemorrhaging. They did an emergency hysterectomy and after all was said and done she lost almost her entire blood supply. They were transfusing but that blood was not clotting. At one point the doctors said they didn't think they would be able to save her. They did and she is perfectly healthy now. If she did a home birth, she would be dead. I know this is not the norm, but why take that chance. You can have a natural birth in a hospital if you are against meds...but personally I don't get why people do home births...It just doesn't seem worth the risk of your baby's life.

1 0

Having been a labor and delivery nurse for over 16 years,I have seen many natural births. I have also seen many complications that can happen. I would never consider a home birth for myself. It's just not worth it!

6
82 0

Stacy, a competent midwife can handle almost any complication. My midwife is also good at predicting complications. She once turned down a client, sensing she was not ready for the responsibility of a homebirth, and sure enough, that woman had some complications. But there is also the factor of complications being CAUSED by the hospital procedures. For example, I am appalled by the number of moms I know whose labor was induced for no good reason. Epidurals are also commonly used. Both procedures can cause complications. Furthermore, hospitals are full of germs, some of them deadly. Home is safer and more comfortable. I personally had one cesarean that was totally unnecessary but left me feeling terrible for a year, then a hospital VBAC which was much better but still left much to be desired in the way things were handled, and then 2 delightful home births, both of them normal and safe, with midwives who knew what they were doing and were wonderfully supportive. If I were to have another baby, I would never even consider the hospital unless I were ill. Even then, I'd want to take my midwife with me! For more information about natural birth and VBAC, check out ICAN's website, ican-online.org.

0 0

I had 3 babies at home, and my first was born at a hospital. I can't explain to other moms how much better a homebirth is! It gives you the freedom to labor naturally. Get a great midwife/doula team and you can have the most amazing experience of your life too! Having babies at home is the ONLY way I would go. At the hospital was the most unnatural experience I've ever had.

5
1 0

All of five my children have been home births. Even when I knew my baby was going to be stillborn we chose a home birth. I wouldn't choose to do it any other way. Midwives are trained to know what a healthy pregnancy should be. They are concerned and focused on mom and baby, not the money or how many clients they can see in a day. Because of their intense training and experience they know how to spot a problem.

5
0 0

I guess it depends on your comfort level and risk factor. Both of my deliveries ended up being dangerous. If I had delivered at home either time me and the baby could have died. My second delivery I hemmoraged for hours. I was one step away from a hysterectomy. I had doctors walking in my room in street clothes to come help. It was extremely dangerous. No one should be judging of another woman's choice. My friend did a home birth and loved it. I would rather not die. In fact my deliveries so bad I may not be able to have anymore babies. I agree with Stacy Sullivan. The risk is too high. To each his own.

5
0 26

Homebirths are amazingly wonderful!! I was very interested in having a water birth with my first and I'm so glad I did. Our hospital did not offer water births, and there was a birth center a block from the hospital, so we felt comfortable having our baby there and being extremely close to the hospital in case we needed to be transfered there. We had a completely uncomplicated pregnancy and had a wonderful birth! With our 2nd, we went to the same birth center for our extremely quick birth (less than 3.5 hours from first contraction until he was nursing!). Because everything was so smooth the first 2 times, we decided home birth was the way to go for us after that. We did a lot more research, watched different documentaries and talked to people. We have had 2 home births and they are incredible! With our boys (birth center) we were home within 2-3 hours of them being born which was great, but with our girls it was amazing to be in the comfort of our own home. So great to labor in your own space. While in labor this last time (less than a month ago) I walked around my neighborhood, watched the sunrise from my back deck, picked veggies in the garden....=)

As I have looked back on our amazing births, I was realizing that we've had a time during each birth where we might have been pushed to have an unnecessary intervention. 1st birth my son broke my tailbone and had a compound arm (arm up around his neck), 2nd son's heartrate dropped sharply when my water broke while I was pushing (midwives were so calm and had me stop pushing for a minute and take some deep breaths and the heartrate jumped right back up. I think it came right back up to where it should have been because I wasn't reacting to anyone being frantic and was able to keep myself calm because of their calmness). With birth number 3, my daughter's cord was around her neck fairly tight and with birth number 4, my daughter came out with her ear first and had an extremely short cord. All of our midwives have been amazing, calm and thorough. Water births have been incredible for us. I have not needed a single stitch after any of my births. I would highly recommend home births, particularly home water births, just make sure you do your own research before making a decision! =)

4
14 8

Yes, i had a home birth with my third. It was a lovely relaxing experience. Its great to be surrounded by your own familiar comfortable things, its nowhere near as messy as people think, you have your own food and your own bathroom. Besides having a baby is a normal event , not a medical one...why go into hospital if you are low risk and immediately put yourself in a system that is going to put restrictions on you. Its just as safe, if not safer than a hospital birth, all the research says that ,and Midwives are highly trained specialists in all neonatal and pregnancy complications so I had every faith in their abilities. people dont realise how much they know or are capable of.... As long as the MUM is low risk and comfortable to be there, your own home is a great place to birth a baby.

4
17 65

I've had 6 homebirths, the first 3 were attended by Drs and the next 3 by midwives. I'm currently expecting #7 and planning another. Finding a qualified birth attendant is so important. While I don't expect anything to go wrong, I want to have someone there who has experience and can tell if a transfer is necessary.

4
36 0

No way. Too much risk it it turned bad.

4
5 22

I had an unplanned home birth with my second child! I rang the hospital to let them know I was in labour I told them I thought I needed to come in immediately as I was almost positive my son would be born very soon. They told me I had to wait until the contraction were 5-8 minutes apart and lasting 2-3 minutes in length. Stupid me I went with what they said, 10 minutes later my son was born with no doctors, nurses or even ambulance personnel in attendance. It seems rather funny to me as I live 5 minutes from the hospital. I am currently pregnant with my third child and have opted for home birth as it means I can have my baby my way! I urge all mothers to consider this option if they are experiencing an uncomplicated pregnancy, it's more relaxed and I find that women are more comfortable in their own homes! The midwife stays for 4-6 hours after the birth to ensure the health and safety of yourself and the baby and they come around everyday for 3 days to make sure you don't need anything! Hospitals are constantly over crowded and this way ensures that you get all the help you need without the discomfort of sleeping in a noisy hospital where the staff are run of their feet!!!!!!

4
3 12

Two of my children were born at home with a doctor in attendance, all the way back in 1979 and 1983. Of the four births those two were the best. Far more peaceful and restful afterwards to be in my own home and bed. I would caution it isn't for everyone, though more could probably do it.

4
2 10

NEVER!! I am a NICU RN, and I have seen too many things that could possibly have a bad out come, if not for the resources of the hospital!

4
56 20

well, I'm an RN too, a former labor and delivery nurse in fact, and I can tell you that one the MAIN reasons why things go wrong is because of all the interventions. Canada and the US are 2 countries that are very advanced in medical care and technology, and yet, we have one of the highest mortality rates when it comes to labor and delivery. There are so many bad outcomes BECAUSE of uneccesary interventions, and I have seen it for myself, time and time again. Home birthing is meant for low risk pregnancies, when circumstances are appropriate, they are not meant for high risk pregnancies. I'm an RN, I have worke in L & D, and when I have my baby, if the circumstances are appropriate, I will stay home. I think all parents should have the right to chose where they want to have their babies, without judgements left and right. I recommend you consider watching "The Business of Being Born", it might open your eyes, as it did for me. The issue here is people thinking that there is no better place to have a baby then the hospital, which is simply not true.

0 2

I was aware that it was available but wanted the safest environment for my baby. It was a good choice not to have a home birth because with one, my baby would have died because he needed emergency surgery. Not worth the chance just so I can feel like a "natural" mother.

3
1 1

Yes, I had a home birth with my son, my first child, and it was the best decision I'd made... Totally recommend it.
There are certain criteria for being allowed a home birth, but if midwife is happy and satisfied, then why not?
I would say this to any mum-to-be:
1. Do your research - Make sure you find out as much as possible about what a home birth involves. Do your research as early as possible, this allows time for preparations and planning, and of course, time to change your mind if you decide it's not for you.

2. DO NOT listen to other people's uneducated judgmental opinions about YOUR choice, and YOUR right to choose. Example: "oh, a home birth? That's a bit dodgy and risky isn't it? Why would you put your baby at risk like that?" A brilliant response to that, I found, was "only people who don't really understand or have much knowledge of home births would say that, but thanks for your honesty" I can tell you ladies now, there is absolutely NO way your midwife will allow you to take any risks, if she thinks a home birth is not going to be possible, because of health concerns, she will tell you straight. My midwife told me that as long as baby and I did fine, no health issues (even high blood pressure meant no home birth in my case) then there's no reason why I can't have my baby at home.

3. A home birth costs the NHS less than a THIRD of a hospital birth, so how's that for saving the country some money eh ladies? Tell that to David Cameron!

4. Good luck, and remember, you have the right to a home birth if all is healthy... Don't be afraid to ask and keep asking if it's what you really want.

My home birth was lovely, very relaxed, happy baby, no drugs, water birth, and the best of it was, I had my things around me, my bed, my food, and no stressful journey to hospital during contractions. The midwife was like an angel, and at one point I had 3 of them all to myself, sharing cups of tea together! It was so intimate and the midwife felt like a best friend, rather than some medical official following rules and regulations... She stayed for a few hours afterward too, and made sure I had everything I needed, plus even gave my hubby lots of support. I consider myself to be one of the lucky few who had the exact birthing experience I hoped for. My son is now 6 years old and a very healthy, happy little boy, cheeky, but the best. Happy birthing everyone

3
7 7

Yes, my second son was a planned home birth because the birth of his older brother went so awfully wrong and I didn't want that same experience the second time round. I would recommend a home birth to anyone. What a different experience! I had a mid wife who was amazing and my Doctor was there towards the end of my labor. It was a peaceful, mostly relaxed experience. I lay in a warm bath for much of the labor. I was tucked up in bed feeding him half an hour after giving birth. My mother and husband were present. Our two year old was asleep and woke shortly after I gave birth so met his baby brother soon after.

3
2 14

I have had a hospital birth (that started out as a homebirth) and a homebirth and I can say that the only way to go is homebirth. I was lucky enough to have had a homebirth midwife with both kids but a minor complication forced me to leave my home and enter the hospital with my first. Out of the eight or so births that night, mine was the ONLY birth that was not a C-section and I was probably the oldest mother there (35). I am convinced that the reason for this strange statistic is that I was informed about hospital birth practices and had my midwife's assistant with me (I chose her over my midwife because she is very good in that environment). They wanted to section me, but had the support of the nurses as well, who told the doc to allow me time to birth naturally. Not all hospitals have nurses who will support your decision. My second birth was a beautiful homebirth. If you're undecided, and you live somewhere that offers homebirth--do it! It is so much more natural, enjoyable, and just feels right. It's the way we're supposed to birth. We are born to do this and picking up and leaving the safety and warmth of our homes not only slows the birth process, but can outright stop it in many cases. This is especially true for first births. Read! Get informed! The statistics support the fact that the risks for something going wrong are very low--and this is coming from one of those low statistics. Midwives aren't fools and many are also trained nurses. I can't say enough about how wonderful homebirths are and that includes the prenatal and post-natal care. If you're lucky enough to live somewhere where this is an option--meet with the midwives and talk to them! Homebirth is the way!

3
0 27

For Some It's Not Medicaly Posible. For me it would kill me not to have a c/s i've had 10 doctors tell me this and that I should not have a second child it's not worth that risk. With my second child i was told be 5 differant doctors that natural birth will kill me. It Almost did. I know I should Have thought About my safety but my world would not be complete without my Children

0 12

Yay for home births, I am preparing for mine coming up in December.... I am so excited. I have already had 2 hospital births, both went wonderfully because I was prepared, had a doula, and was very clear with my desires on my birth plan. I was also blessed with amazing nurses! But because both of these births went well, I am comfortable doing number 3 at home with my same midwife, in the water! Research from the CDC and WHO shows that there is no difference with complications and negative events home vs hospital, but if you are high strung and stressed about having it one place or the other, then you should avoid that stress... for example, if you are a nurse you may have seen some things to worry you about birth, so you should have your birth in the hospital as to avoid stress. the other case would be to deliver in the hospital because of previous medical reasons. BUT whatever you choice is, you don't need to generalize it, and say that everyone should choose the same... Every one knows every birth and circumstance is different, don't make women feel badly if they are doing what is best for them in their circumstance. I do know we all have to be our own advocate these days, because it is people who generalize that make the circumstance dangerous, especially with childbirth. So do your research, and do what is best in your own circumstance, and encourage others to do the same!

2
0 26

Yay for water births! =) I've had 4 water births (2 in a birth center and 2 at home) and they have been fantastic! The combination of the water and patient midwives is so great for your body. 4 natural births and not a single stitch! Good luck with this next birth. I bet you will LOVE being at home in your own environment. =)

0 0

I had a lovely home birth, and would do so again!

2
0 0

Tried to have a home birth for my first child and successfully had a VBAC at home for my second child. Loved being at home!

2
0 0

I had a home birth, thank god. I educated myself about my options and saw that going to the hospital was riskier than staying at home. My midwife was so smart, professional, and sensitive. I feel lucky.

2
0 0

Yes, I had a home birth with my 4th child and it was AMAZING!! My first 3 children were all natural births in the hospital with no complication and few interventions, but being at home was 100 times better. Birth is a natural process, and when you let it happen naturally (our bodies know how to do it!), there are WAY fewer complications then when things are forced along or messed with unnecessarily.

2
0 0

For a first birth, I am not sure I would recommend it. I feel there are too much questions and unknown. It would be scary if anything would be different from what one would expect. However, as a third time mum, I felt in total confidence and powerful enough to handle the experience. I have had the delightful experience to have a home birth in a birthing pool at home with my Doula. My Doula (birth compagnion) is a very experienced woman and has been at the birth of my two previous children. When I found out I was pregnant with my third child, she was the second person to know. I knew she would be there. Through my pregnancy, as I was followed by doctors and hospital midwives, I grew a feeling of disrespect. I felt treated like a number. No one seemed to really care. I took it as a sign that it was time to do it on my own! At 36 weeks, I turned around and followed my heart. I realized I was ready to experience a home birth this time. I have had two previous healthy pregnancies and natural deliveries at hospital with my Husband, Doula, and the hospital's midwives. They were rather good experiences overall. This pregnancy was also healthy despite my age of 41. I knew it was low risk. I also knew the ambulance were 3 minutes away from my house and 7 min to the hospital in case of emergency or complications. As it turn out, all went very fast and quickly as I was so relaxed and confident. I did not for a second have the thought that I needed the hospital. It was a blissful experience. So personal and filled with love. My little baby is born in peace and calm and that is how he still is after 2 1/2 months. THE dream baby! Every woman should watch "orgasmic birth" a wonderful documentary that will show the potential of a home birth. Another benefit of having a home birth is to be in the comfort of your own bed / home for recovery. Their is just no place like home! Lastly, when my older kids came back from school that day, they knew that we would be there; mummy, daddy and their little new brother. The sound of their little steps up the stairs, the privacy of it all and our bonding / loving session on our "family" bed is absolutely priceless. I could talk for hours about it but hopefully I have been able to give you a sense of how my experience was.

2
5 20

I had my first son at home! It was amazing! My midwife said because labor was so long and my son was so big at the Drs I wouldn't have had him naturlally. A small very small tare and that was all. I am a 5.4 110 pound woman. The rest we had at birthing centers. Mainly because our insurance didn't cover midwives and it did the birth centers. All of them were amazing births.5 and if we could afford it and had somewhere close for our roudy boys to go I would have done them at home

2
0 0

All my babies were born at home unassisted.

2
5 13

I had a home birth for my 3rd daughter. She is now 10 months old. It was the best choice we ever could have made. I knew from previous pregnancies that I have easy deliveries, and was not anticipating any pain relief. I did take a couple tylenol about an hour before I expected to be in hard labor. We had a relaxing CD to listen to, and all the support of my husband, mother, and 13 year old daughter. At 6:15pm, we were having a family dinner with my parents and my in-laws, at my moms' house. At 7:00, I was getting out of a relaxing bath at my mom's house, and at 7:23, our beautiful baby was born, on our hide-a-bed, in our own home, across the orchard from my mom's home. The last 15 minutes was extreme, but it happened so fast, that it wasn't traumatizing. We could not get a midwife, as I had 2 previous c-sections, with surrogate pregnancies, and their insurance wouldn't cover it. So my mom put on an apron, and assisted with my direction. (She's had 4 kids, and I am an RN). After the birth, and placenta delivery, we did baby's first feed, and bath, then bundled her up and went to the hospital for an accurate weight and check-up. We got everything legal, and claimed it was an "accidental home birth".

2
4 8

Have had two home births and would never have considered anything else unless there were complication. It is far better for the baby and mother as it is more relaxed and no unnecessary intervention is used to speed things up ! My Midwives and Doulas were fantastic. An hour after having had my son my friends arrived with a bottle of champagne to toast the new arrival - he was almost a month overdue but my midwife was happy to let nature have its way as long as the baby was not in distress - which would never had happened had I been under hospital care !!!! If you are pregnant - do consider a home birth for your sake and the sake of the baby !!!!!

2
31 68

I had a water birth at a hospital with a midwife with my first child and a home birth with my second. I 100% preferred the home birth. Both pregnancies had zero complications, same with the births. Obviously, these two things are crucial for a home birth. It was a lovely experience and so relaxed...just wonderful. The at home follow up visits were an added bonus!

2
1 0

I had one with my first and can't wait to have another for my second! I wouldn't have it any other way personally, unless it is medically necessary. It is just as safe or safer than hospital birth for the low-risk population. It leads to less intervention and is an amazing experience too :) Of course there is risk of complication, but there is with hospital birth as well, and if something happens, you transfer to the hospital or your midwives help at home. There's not much that can't be done at home except for epidurals and cesareans. Consider it! You and your baby deserve a home birth :)

2
3 34

If I hadn't had twins and a footling breech (delivered without c/s but with epidural and the support of a brilliant OB/GYN and two midwives) I would have loved to try for a home birth, providing I had found a midwife with impeccable credentials and loads of experience. Mind you, there is something great about being in a hospital and having all the support of lactation consultants etc, not to mention the rest from housework :-).
In Australia we have a great deal of negative press around infant mortality arising from home-births, and no mention of the six or seven babies on average who do not survive hospital births every day. I think the media needs to avoid sensationalism on this topic, and realise that there are as many ways to have babies as there are cultures in this world. Experience, learning and common sense are much more important than litigation, fear and political agendas.

2
8 2

we had 2 of our children at home, it was wonderful.

2
1 20

I wouldn't have really considered it before I had my son, but knew it was an option. However, the unexpected complications during his birth made me realise that without modern medicine, one or both of us would have been a mortality statistic, I now wouldn't suggest a home birth.

2
0 2

I think that home birth is a personal choice, and support the freedom of choice but my daughter was born at a hospital via C section...she and I could have died if a c section was not done right away...let me see.....have 20 hours of labor with a baby who will never pass over my pelvic bone and both die in a waiding pool filled with two feet of water or deliver a healthy baby in a clinical setting...my daughter was in sever distress and would have died or at the very least severly brain damaged had I not been at the hospital...she now is a stellar student and athelete who is also in gifted classes at school...so for me hospital always

0 0

I had a home birth and it was the most amazing experience of my life !! I recommend it to anyone who is interested .

1
0 5

I've had all three of my children at home. It was a comfortable enviroment for me. I had an experienced midwife that I was very confident in. I believe it's up to each individual what they are comfortable with too.

1
0 0

I am a doula and have had two hospital births. The first was a C section and the second a VBAC with a doula. After moving I could not find a hospital I was happy with so I am having a home birth with wonderful midwives and my own doula this time around. The research showing the safety of home birth is substantial. Any one who says otherwise tends to have ideas base on fear over evidence.

1
0 0

I had both my babies at home and wouldn't do it any other way. I had a very qualified midwife assisting my delivery. My husband, mom, sisters and best friend were there as my support. I was able to labor comfortably at home with no disruptions.

1
16 21

yes, I thought about it, was actually toying with the idea when pregnant with #4, but then I fell off a ladder in the last month while picking cherries. Scared the poor baby so she flipped and decided to come as a double footling breech, thus requiring a c-section.

1
0 0

I think anyone who has a home birth is gambling with their child's life.