Did your pregnancy symptoms change with your second child?

Some moms of more than one child say that their body has specific pregnancy symptoms that let them know when they're pregnant, and they've been able to predict them through second and further pregnancies, while other moms are surprised that symptoms they never experienced with baby #1 suddenly arise with additional pregnancies. What has your experience been?

5 3

the only symptom that remained the same for me, was a growing belly!

1
2 1

There were some aspects exactly the same, others completely different. Makes each baby special!

1
1

Most definitely! With my first son, I made it six months without knowing I was pregnant at ALL. I had extreme cravings for fried chicken and pickles and water. Then, when I went into labor, I didn't even know I had gone into labor! No pain, no water breaking, nothing! He was born on his due date, as well. With my second, I knew I was pregnant almost IMMEDIATELY, no cravings, though, and contractions started at 36w4d's and lasted for a week and a half before I had him! It's crazy how different pregnancies were.

0
1,883 0

When I was pregnant with our fourth my husband says that he could tell by how I was eating and how I was sleeping. He'd seen it all before. Each pregnancy was unique in it's own way though. It's a combination of the same and different.

0
16 0

For DS #1 had no symptoms at all. None. Just my belly getting bigger. With DS #2, had bad morning sickness (that went on all day really) had to go to ER a few times because of it, ate more, felt very tired

0
0 0

Night and day for me. The first one was a breeze. Baby number two is making up for it. I'm only 10 weeks an ready for week 39 already!

0
454 0

very sleepy with both pregnancies, very sick with first one, not sick much with this one.. very hungry with this one, not so much with first one..

0
258 9

With my 1st borne - i had nausea all day every day.
With this one - i had nausea on and off, some days were better then others - and at 4 months this one is making me get up a heck of a lot at night to pee ....

0
52 21

All 3 of mine was different. my oldest in 89 I was not sick that much. In 91 with my second daughter I got sick the first 3 months. With my son in 94 I was sick a lot. I would walk out side and get sick. the smell of coffee made me sick, chili, peanut butter made me sick when I ate them. So I was no longer able to enjoy a lot of food when I was pregnant with my son.
With my oldest daughter in 89 I went into labor at 3 months, and was put on bed rest until she was born and had to take medication to stop the contractions. I had to go to the doctor every week to make sure the medication was working.
with all 3 pregnancies I could not stomach the smell of fish at all.
the other 2 was normal pregnancy.
They all kicked the same.
On each of my kids when I found out I was pregnant I knew what each one was.
the first one was born 2 days late,my doctor goes I'll see you this weekend, I go no I'll see you Monday. and I went into labor with her Monday morning. The best labor, water broke as I was pushing. I had NO medication with her. I was only in labor 5 hours.
my middle daughter was born a week early. I went into hard quick 2 1/2 hours of labor. with NO medication.
my son was born 2 days early. the worse labor pain. I had back labor with him. I had no medication either. I was in labor 5 hours

0
45 17

I have 2 little ones and both pregnancies were different. With my son there was no sickness, but I felt exhausted. With my daughter I was sick every morning for the first three months. I did not realize that I was pregnant with my daughter because I didn't attribute my sickness to being pregnant because I had not had that with my son. I also had completely different cravings with each one. There was also a very big difference in their movement throughout the pregnancy. With my son I felt him really early and after the first time he kicked he kept kicking until he was born. He kicked hard and did it all the time without warning. With my daughter she would push more than just kick and used more of her body to push out. She would slide down instead of delivering a single hard kick. The only thing that I can say is that with both pregnancies the smell of cooking meat of any kind would make my stomach turn.

0
14 32

with my daughter i was sicker than ever in and out of the hospital for iv fluids about three times a week and tired all the time time...i am now 26 weeks pregnant with our son and I knew before i missed my period i was very tired and felt nauseous all the time only got sick a handful of times with him but still nauseous a lot and with my daughter i was fine by 14 weeks no more sick feeling and i got a belly a lot faster with this one than with my daughter and have had some problems gaining weight with him

0
0 14

Ive always been able to tell by the fatigued ill feeling, like I was coming down with the flu or something. With my son, 13 years ago, I felt fatigued exactly 3 weeks after conception. With the baby I miscarried earlier last year, I knew the day after my missed period because I felt very sleepy and tired after a restful weekend. This pregnancy, twins, I actually found out I was pregnant before the fatigue, 3 days before missed period, but fatigue hit me the hardest of all a week later.

0
581 24

all pregnancies are different. i felt different in all of them, no particularly symptoms that would tell me I am pregnant, though.

0
165 40

I had the smoothest pregnancy the first time around. The ONLY thing that happened that wasn't perfect was my daughter tried to come about 4 weeks early caused by a urinary tract infection. With the second pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage I always felt sick to my stomach and just irritable in general. With this pregnancy I am always tired, heartburn is really bad, I'm anemic and require IV's of iron, diabetic and have to watch my diet and have really low blood pressure (resulted in me passing out just last week at 23 weeks). I got a baby belly sooner this time so tying my shoes is a chore and everything I hated to eat with my first pregnancy I love this time around. I will say that I'm lucky compare to what some mothers go through so I'm pretty thankful.

0
5 20

This usually occurs when the child is of a different sex or from a different father it represents that child's body chemicals being different

0
10 1

i had three children and i never knew i was pregnant with any of them until i was atleast 2 to 3 months along. i never had morning sickness and never craved any thing until i was 5 or 6 months along.

0
13 0

Immensely! I've known since a very early point in my pregnancy and i'm only 5 weeks 5 days now and its A. I'm miscarrying or B. this is a multiple or girl because i've had migraines, back pain, spotting, cramping, nausea, and I'm always sleepy. I have an appointment January 3rd hopefully we can calm some of these symptoms or determine what's going on my HCG levels have gone up so, so far i've got a rogue baby!! My first was a boy and despite vomiting several times i didn't feel sick all day it was oh im getting sick and then i was fine, and i spotted around 17 weeks but only for a day and all was well... Fingers crossed this pregnancy will hold out and my symptoms will ease.

0
13 0

Also this would be my third but I miscarried my second (to which i had no symptoms with aside from tender breasts) at 11 weeks

39 8

TIRED and HUNGRY with much of this .... sensitive chest and alone time:) I have 5 they were always the same.

0
0 0

mine did. during my first pregnancy, i didn't have any of the nausea and fatigue. i did not even know i was pregnant until i was 12 wks along! i didn't have food cravings either although i noticed that i had a huge appetite and ate just about anything!

this time around, i started having persistent nausea and vomiting (the whole day!) since week 4. as an aside, i don't eat much, don't like eating and am revolted by the thought of food. my sense of smell is heightened like crazy! i feel fatigued most of the time. i first suspected i was pregnant around 2 wks AOG when i started having these headaches, although the PTs were all negative that time.

0
11 5

both mine were the same thats why i knew the second time i was having another boy, strange thing was the first time we werent trying and i knew straight away i was pregnant and the second time we were trying and didnt know until i was 3 months but both very easy