Do you have suggestions to help dads more comfortably participate in "mommy and me" events?

Special thanks to Mommy Chic (mommy-chic.blogspot.com) for suggesting this Q&A.

0 0

I believe that daddy blogging is well on its way to tipping a critical mass (at least in my blogging world). I am approached by many fathers asking for help and techniques to pull their blog "on track" to gain more exposure and networking. While "mommy and me" events exist - A couple of questions around participation that arise are:
1. Are men even really wanted/invited to such events (title brings automatic assumptions)
2. Would they be included into conversations? Really?
3. What value and perspective are you wishing to gain from involving dads?
4. What is in it for them?

With love of course. Before we ask for higher participation, I believe we need to be clear on what we can give and get for all parties. When a Dad is in, Everyone Wins :)

0
7 0

When you attend any "mommy and me" events, open up and start talking. They will either talk to you or ignore you. Although I am a woman, I try not to be your typical woman. I have some problems socializing with other moms, especially at girlscouts. Most of the women there are stuck up soccer moms and if you are not "prim and proper" they want nothing to do with you, at least at ours. I was an OTR trucker and I have always related better to men than woman. I was burned bad by a supposed "best" friend. Just act natural and don't get offended if they reject you. Try to find other dads to socialize with or ask them to join you at some "mommy and me" events. I know men are not exactly social butterflys but trying never hurt.

0