Do you have suggestions to help dads more comfortably participate in "mommy and me" events?

Special thanks to Mommy Chic (mommy-chic.blogspot.com) for suggesting this Q&A.

0 0

There is a subliminal message that Dads are not quite welcome in parenting land thanks to TV programs that always have the Mums in control, the exclusion of men and Dads from advertisements selling nappies and formula etc, the absence of Dads on baby products down the aisles of Supermarkets. We're made to feel that out role is assigned to a bit player who has no real insight into sleeping techniques, baby products, behavior management, pregnancy issues etc.

We then get an invite to a 'Mum's Group' or event where we feel like a bit of a gate-crasher (because it would be called parents group or Mums and Dads group otherwise, wouldn't it?) and sit awkwardly as most topics are discussed around us instead of with us.

Dads change nappies now, we get up to our children at night, we make their meals, work in the school canteen. We are involved in everything and have insight, ideas and real questions and concerns about raising children. We want to get involved in all aspects of our children's lives but feel we are hitting out heads against a constant societal whispering that says, 'Men don't quite belong here.'

Dad's will feel more comfortable at Mummy events when our opinion is valued and respected - not just at these events - but more generally in what we see is happening in the world around us. Mums and Dad need to start broadly - speak out against stereotypes in advertising, request a more realistic representation of Dads in the media, change the names of events to include both parents.

3
439 0

My name is Jose miracle.i want to give thanks to Dr fire fire for bringing back my ex husband. No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I’m about to write would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest skeptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like this, but I was told by a reliable source (a very close friend) that Dr fire fire is a very dedicated, gifted, and talented person, It was one of the best things I have ever done. My love life was in shambles; I had been through two divorces and was on the brink of a third. I just couldn't face another divorce, and I wanted to try harder to make our relationship work, but my husband didn’t seem to care. and he brake up with me again.I was confuse and do not no what to do again,rather them to get in contact with Dr fire. He did a love spell that make my husband come back to me. we are now very much happy with our self. Dr fire fire make him to realize how much we love and need each other.This man is for REAL and for good.he can also help you to fix your broken relationship. I had my husband back! It was like a miracle! He suddenly wanted to go to marriage counseling, and we’re doing very, very well,in our love life. contact email(doctorfire77@gmail.com) AND HE CAN HELP YOU WITH THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS (1) If you want your ex back. (2) if you always have bad dreams. (3) You want to be promoted in your office. (4) You want women/men to run after you. (5) If you want a child. (6) You want to be rich. (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever. (cool If you need financial assistance. (9) If you need a herbal cured for HIV. (10) How you been scammed and you want to recover you lost money. MAIL HIM NOW AND SEE THE POWER OF (doctorfire77@gmail.com) HE IS A REALLY AND POWERFUL SPELL CASTER I WILL KEEP ON GIVING YOU THANKS BABA

0 0

It is time to start calling them parent and me events. I personally don't care, it is just a mtter of respect.

3
0 0

My suggestion is to talk to the fathers who show up. Many times the moms ignore us or act funny around the fathers. Just talk to the dads and remember that they are there because they are trying to be good dads and to bond with their children.

While some of our experiences are going to naturally be different we have a lot in common. We still need to feed/clothe/entertain/discipline our children. Focus on the commonalities and things should progress from there.

3
0 0

Tyke Mart Baby Clothes - Awesome Stuff for Kids. https://tykemart.com/products

2 0

I think the first thing organizers need to understand is that "Mommy and Me" events are named as such because traditionally it is the mommy who takes the kid(s) to these events and we dads know this. So in my opinion, there is no need to change the name.

I've gone to mommy and me events and I'vew gone to daddy and me events and to be honest I find I spend more time chatting at the mommy events because whenever a daddy goes we're the odd man out.

Going back 3 children to the many mommy and me events that I have gone to, the ones that made me feel the most comfortable were the ones where there was an opportunity to play with my child, and slowly interact with whomever came over to play too. These events also had coffee, or some other form of food which gave me an opportunity to make small talk with the regulars and set the tone for the next event.

I think part of the responsibility to keep the dads engaged falls on the organizer of the event and once the moms see the outnumbered dads, it's up to them to mingle and chat too.

Just my thoughts.

2
439 0

0 0

I wouldn't attend an event when its very title assumes I have a vagina. When at a toddler playtime event, I'd prefer not to be ignored by mothers, nor fawned over because I'm more involved than their child's father.

1
439 0

0 0

I would have to agree with Drew, Mitch, and Clint. I would be more comfortable if it was called, "Parent and Me," or "Mommy and Me" (Dads are welcome, too). Even if I felt comfortable attending (because I didn't want my child to miss out on something), I would worry about making the moms uncomfortable, especially because of the name of the event.

Or, dads can host "Daddy and Me" events. Would any moms be comfortable in participating in those?

1
439 0

0 0

Well, for one thing they are called 'Mommy and Me' events. I'm already uncomfortable with the name. I prefer to do my own thing with my kids for the most part. My daughter and I go on special Daddy/Daughter dates and my son and I will do the same but they will be Daddy/Son outings.

I have a different work schedule which allows me to be home all week with my kids. I take my daughter to school so I'm completely comfortable around the moms. I'd be completely comfortable at Mommy and Me events since I've been blogging for so long and nearly every event I've ever been to is flooded with moms and everything is addressed to the moms, I just went and reviewed the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and the tickets were for mommy blogger. We had a son three weeks ago and I had forgotten how almost every form in the hospital mentions the mom and very, very few even consider the father. So, I'm used to the language being exclusive to moms but events being inclusive to dads. It is annoying but I can deal.

1
439 0

8 0

My purpose out here today is to share this article to the world about how Doctor Osemu Okpamen from India helped me in getting back my EX-girlfriend that broke up with me 4 months back. My name is Omar Flynn from Australia. I tried all i can to make her see reasons with me so that we can continue our relationship but she denied me. Thank God for giving me the thought of going into the internet for help, i searched properly and i saw different reviews of how Doctor Osemu Okpamen has been effective on helping people and i insisted in giving it a try by contacting him via what's app on +2348135254384. He gave me reason to live again and he prepared a spell and told me that my Ex-girlfriend will come back to me within 24 hours. Can you believe it, my EX-girlfriend came back to me and our wedding will hold this year 2016. Contact him now!!! if you need any help. Email: doctorokpamenspelltemple@hotmail.com OR website: doctorokpamenpowerfulspelltemple.webs.com

0
18 0

This is a very joyful day of my life because of the help DOCTOR MEGA has
rendered to me by helping me get my ex back with his magic spell. i was
married for 6 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really
cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce but when i came across DOCTOR
MEGA email address on the internet i explained my situation to him and then
seek his help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me
with my case and here i am now celebrating because my Husband has change
totally for good. He always want to be by me and can not do anything
without my present. i am really enjoying my marriage, what a great
celebration. i will keep on testifying on the internet because DOCTOR MEGA
is truly a real spell caster. DO YOU NEED HELP THEN CONTACT DOCTOR MEGA NOW
VIA EMAIL: drmegaspelltemple@hotmail.com website http://drmegaspelltemple.wix.com/drmega call him on +2348117381549

0
3 0

it depend dads mind and mum behavior. I have recently bought great breastfeeding pillow at LaMillou. It has really cool shape of a Hen. Looks totally different than all the others I've seen before. In fact my 5 yo son sleeps on it from time to time you can find it at www.lamillou-us.com

0
439 0

0 0

again I learned my kid Fady reading early now he is first among his peer
link for program >> http://bit.ly/1VUWshT

0
1

Have you found yourself lacking love from your partner or your ex and you want them back? Or are you currently divorced and want your partner back? Are you seeking for a spiritual spell or financial and marital breakthrough? Being ignored by a desired mate? Influence
him or her to give you a chance. Feeling trapped by a
overbearing partner or your boss at the office? Influence them to give you
control.With the casting of this spell you will be given the power
to influence people. Almost all people! If you are
currently looking for a job you can influence the
interviewer.
Almost any situation can be influenced to go your way.
Once the magic starts to manifest you can alter a
persons will or intention. Nothing special has to be
done on your part expect for giving guidelines on how to use the spell.
This may happen instantly or take a little time but you
will soon see that people will start to see things your
way.
The Gurumaraji Voodoo spells ancestral shrines of Gujarat Rajasthan can safe your future,
Enough of all these testimonies you have been getting from people here that didn't yeild you any good;

(1) If you want your ex back.
(2) To care HIV/AID or related illness
(3) You want to be promoted in your office.
(4) You want women/men to run after you.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) Are you a contractor and you want to win contracts
(7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be
yours forever.
(8) If you need help spiritually.
(9) How you been scammed and you want to recover you lost money.
(10)Stop Divorce
11. Winning lotto/lottery spells

12. Child spell

13. Pregnancy spell

14. Freedom spell

15. Love spell

16, vanishing spell

17. Invisible human spell

18. Success or pass spell

19. Marriage spell

20. Avenging spell

21. Popularity spell

22. Killing spell

23. Cancer spell

24. Supernatural power spell

25. Madness spell

26. Free house loan spell

27. Production spell of films and movie

28. Tuberculosis spell

0
439 0

0 0

It's nice to find parent and child activities that include more dads so depending on your child's age, try more physical activities like the jump center, rock climbing, etc.. If your child is too young for these things please just GO! The more dads that participate, the more it will catch on! Whole foods does a great morning with dads and moms as well as local libraries. Music and art classes are always good to join as well! So nice to read these..hope this helps!

0
439 0

4 0

Just ask him to help with the baby, he should come around it takes time. My husband isn't that involved but he tries especially when I let him know that he has a son and he needs his father. I have to remind him a lot to help and nag toward him but other then that just keep staring him in the being more involved.

0
25 0

Hello everyone.
My name is Dr Omowele a well known spell catser all over the world.
So i decided to also bing to you today that I hae been helping people all over the world and my history has been in so many countries even some do tell

other as story. So if you really need a legit spell catser who can help you to cast any type of spell on someone or on something, worry no more for I

have arrive to help.
I just came back home this last week, I went to Belgium to help cast a speell on a very sick child which the doctor were unable to cure and on my

return, i decided to also inform you about my power.
below is the type of spell i'm specialized on.

(1) If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dreams.
(3) If you want to be promoted in your office.
(4) If you want women/men to run after you.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) If you want to be rich.
(7) If you want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
(8) If you need financial assistance.
(10) if you want to stop your divorce.
(11) if you want to divorce your husband.
(12) if you want your wishes to be granted.
(13) Pregnancy spell to conceive baby.
(14) Guarantee you win the troubling court cases & divorce no matter how what stage.
(15) Stop your marriage or relationship from breaking apart.
(16) if you have any sickness like ( H I V, AIDS, and Cancer).

Please here is my Email: Dromowelespelltemple@gmail.com

Thank you all.

0
439 0

0 0

As dads we have4 the same quest to give the best care that we can as caring parent. Dads should be encouraged that what they contribute to the care is significant although the care the man might give might not be regular.

0
18 0

This is a very joyful day of my life because of the help DOCTOR MEGA has rendered to me by helping me get my ex back with his magic spell. i was married for 6 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce but when i came across DOCTOR MEGA email address on the internet i explained my situation to him and then seek his help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me with my case and here i am now celebrating because my Husband has change totally for good. He always want to be by me and can not do anything without my present. i am really enjoying my marriage, what a great celebration. i will keep on testifying on the internet because DOCTOR MEGA is truly a real spell caster. DO YOU NEED HELP THEN CONTACT DOCTOR MEGA NOW VIA EMAIL: drmegaspelltemple@hotmail.com website http://drmegaspelltemple.wix.com/drmega call him on +2348117381549

0 0

When my wife went back to work and I took over on parental leave, I kept attending our babies group. At first I was the only dad there, but over time more moms went back to work and more dads started showing. At the beginning I was sometimes called "an honourary mommy", but overall it was pretty welcoming. I always found it best to call it a babies group.

The bond over having young children was the biggest part either way, if you were a new mom or a new dad. We quickly learned to share and that we were all sharing similar experiences regardless of gender.

0
439 0

0 0

My first suggestion to get dads to more comfortably participate in these events is to stop calling them "Mommy and Me". The name in and of itself tells dads that the event isn't for us.

Secondly, when you have an event like a "Mommy and Me" that you know is going to be heavily, heavily (if not 100%) female group and you want dads to attend, you should be aware that 99% of us aren't going to attend our first event without our wife with us. It's just a nice buffer to show up with your wife, have everyone meet both of you and create a relationship that way. Subsequent events are easier to attend once you have broken the seal with the group of women. This might require having the events outside of working hours, but it vastly improves your odds of gaining male attendance.

As a dad myself I have no hesitation of taking my kid to the park, zoo, museum or any other public place with no set agenda. But when it comes to taking my kid to a preplanned event, specifically designed for parents, that's when I start getting nervous, knowing that it's very likely I'm the only male there.

0
439 0

0 0

Change the name to "Mommy & Me (and Daddies too)"

0
0 0

What I have found works for me. First I always go on the same day so now most people there know me. The few that don't see that the others do know me and are thus are fine with my presence. Second play with your kids. That is why your there and it always looks good to the other parents. Third help out, clean, volunteer to bring a snack (Ask around to avoid the minefield of allergies, health nuts, ect). Fourth and I shouldn't have to say it but unless you have facial hair make sure you shave. Bad mornings for moms involve sweatpants, for dads its not shaving. Sweatpants are not threating but unfortunately scraggly facial hair is.

0
0 0

====http://www.flying4biz.com==== ====http://www.flying4biz.com top Nike air Jordan shoes33$,Air Force 1 33$, Nike dunks SB shoe,Nike Shox shoe. Wholesale Cheap Nike shoes with discount jersey, High quality T- shirts,ED hardy t-shirts,ED Hardy hoodies,ED hardy shoes,ED hardy Jeans,Evisu shoes,GUCCI shoes,LV Handbag,Chanel Handbag Lv,Gucci,Prada,Coach,Chanel Women sandal is $30 DG,JUICY,Lv,Gucci,Coach Hand-bag price is $35 Polo,Locaste,Levis,EdHardy,Bape,Christan Audigier AF,COOGI Tshirt price is $12 Jordan (1-22)&2009 shoes $45 Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35 Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $30 Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $13 Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30 Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $15 N ew era cap $16 ==== http://www.flying4biz.com ==== http://www.flying4biz.com ==== http://www.flying4biz.com ==== http://www.flying4biz.com ==== http://www.flying4biz.com ==== http://www.flying4biz.com ==== http://www.flying4biz.com ==== Bikini(Ed hardy,polo) $18