Do you like working from home?

If you've worked at home before, what was your experience like? How is it different from working in an office?

3 15

I have worked from home for just over a year now after spending my working life in an office. I am surprised at how much I like it! I have enough meetings and outside interactions to not feel isolated and I love the flexibility that it offers me to support my child's school and our home life. I don't want to go back to an office any time soon.

3
1 1

Couldn't have said it any better. I will go back to the office kicking and screaming :)

1 0

This is my second round of working at home. I enjoy it, it gives me the balance that I need to be able to have a career and raise my children. I get so much more done because I am able to focus on my projects and don't have the distractions that typically take place in an office. The only draw back are the decisions that get made in "hallway" conversation but in time that gets worked through as well.

1
0 0

I have finally found a company that I LOVE working for!!! They are truly amazing!! Check it out! ggmeyer405.nerium.com and let me know what you think about it!

0
42 0

I do like it! As someone else mentioned, you have to be motivated since there are a lot of things to distract you (including Circle Of Moms! LOL!) I found an unexpected benefit in that I have become more confident, have grown as a person, and not just in job skills. As a long-time SAHM with only a GED for a highschool diploma, I always felt "less than" if you know what I mean. Then I went to work outside the home and still felt "less than" since everyone else seemed to have more education, more experience, more fashion savvy - whatever. So when a special needs baby boy came along 11 years after our 5th child and I had to find a way to bring in the income and still stay home - which led to a home business. Now 11+ years later, I can only say it was the best decision I ever made. But I know its not for everyone so unless its something you REALLY care about and are willing to sacrifice for, you're probably better off in an office.

Helping Families Work From Home
www.mom2six.com

0
27 9

Because you are your boss it is harder to make business hours.Tv computer, kids, husband you get the picture. If you are not self-motivated, go to work. If you are go to www.donel.topratebiz.com

0
1,194 4

I have been working at home for two years now. I absolutely love it. It gives me a chance to be a stay at home mom too. It's wonderful because I don't have to worry about sick days when my kid wakes up with an ear ache at 3am (or just decides he's ready to get up at 3:30 like he did this morning!) :) I can work around my son's and husband's schedules, and with internet access every place you look, I can let my son play at McDonald's or Chick-fil-A while I get some work done!

0
8 2

working at home is the best experience ever u don't have to worry about what to wear to work everyday u don't have to put up or deal with certain people who just annoy the hell out of u at the office you have more privacy so you don't have to worry about falling asleep at your desk your time is yours so you can manage it how you feel best less pressure and stress feeling like your boss is always looking over your shoulder that's the best part about working at home !!!!!!!!!!!!

0
1 50

I have been looking for a stay at home job but I don't know where to look or how to get started... would some of you ladies please Help me out.. I'm a single mother of 4 an well I'm leaving my abusive husband and well I need help I have always been a stay at home mom..

0
6 45

I've tried some home internet business & no luck with any.Can anyone give me the info on the good ones out there with hardly any start up cost or a low amount one or a guarantee with it? Thanks for anyone that will help,so want to stay home with 3 kids & still able to enjoy vacations that hardly can go on now due to hardly any income on my end since home schooling pre teen daughter.

0
6 0

I love working from home. For me the blending of work and home is an advantage to both, although it can be challenging for family to understand and support the "work" time.

0
6 0

It is also a great time and money saver - no commuting time, no special wardrobe, etc.

46 34

I would love to work from home. But I don't want to sell make-up, kitchen gadgets, perfume, storage containers, etc. I am recently separated and a Mom to a special needs child that requires me to homeschool him. So it's nice to see how working from home has worked for many of you. Now to find a way to do that for myself. Any suggestions?

0
1 0

I absolutely love it. I am able to participate fully and whle- heartedly in my family - whether it is school, after school, etc. I can tell it also makes my 9 yr old a little more secure that I can get her off the bus instead of a sitter. The biggest drawback is the assumption that I have all this free time to volunteer, complete home projects, run others' errands, keep other kids after school. No people I am working!

0
3 0

I tried home office from my previous job, i liked it in a sense that i can balance family and work life but the drawback is children request for my attention knowing that i was at home. they do not get the idea of doing office work at home.

0
3 15

We are lucky enough to have a great after school program provided by the YMCA in our school district. Once I began working from home we continued to enroll her in the program. She loves the playmates and I can finish my workday. I agree that it is very hard for children (and others!) to understand Mom is working when you are both at home.