Formula: does it have to be warm?

Maybe you're just in a rush and don't have time to heat formula to the perfect temperature, or maybe it's a really warm day and you think baby might benefit from the cooler temp, but either way: is cold formula okay for babies? Moms, what have been your experiences with this?

521 10

I think it depends on the baby. If they'll drink it, then it's fine. My daughter wanted HOT bottles, like almost burning my hand hot. She wouldn't drink it any other way. Even a normal warm level wasn't good enough.

0
29 0

It happened a few times I have given "cold" formula to my son. I do not believe that by the end of eating it still holds that right temperature anyway. It takes my son around 15-20 minutes to drink his milk. Nothing ever happened to him, I didn't see any bad effects of it. I still try to give him nice warm formula every time but world is not going to end if they get a cold one. Honestly it is a huge waste when he decides to drink only 30 ml of it and half an hr later he drinks the rest of it. Of course I do not leave it for a few hrs.

0