Is it hard being a single mom?

7 241

It's hard being a single mom. However it's hard being married as well. The important thing to remember to ask for help when you need it. Find a good support system through friends and family.

3 0

I absolutely agree with your comment here, I am a new single mom, I was married, and both are the hardest jobs you will ever have in your life. A good support system is key, agree here as well, family and friends that you trust with your child is a very important component not only for you but for your child as well!!!!!

0 0

Absolutely it is. I am a single mom to 4 boys, ages 4, 7,7 and 12. My children are slowly learning that through a ton of challenges, we survived and thrived in many ways.
As long as our children are healthy, nothing else matters.

6 14

Yes, of course it is. However, it's the most worthwhile job you'll ever do in your life! I think the pros outweigh the cons.
1) No extra income
2) No extra help with caring for the child
3) Feeling tired most of the time
4) Not being able to spend as much time with the child as you might like

1) You learn just how strong you can be!
2) You & your child will be INCREDIBLY close since you'll have each other through everything
3) You'll look forward to spending every moment with your child since you'll have to be away for work. Even things like napping together become special.
4) You'll be the one making all of the important decisions for your child & won't have to discuss it & make compromises with anyone, which means no arguments.
5) Things will improve, & when they do you'll have memories of the hard times that you shared with your child. The fact that you survived them together will make those memories very special!

16 0

Definitely! Have 2 sons ( 2 yr old and 2 month old ) , but the oldest lives with his dad. It's hard taking care of just 1 child. I don't get any sleep and I have to work on my schooling. But I'm feeling great about it because I know that my son is safe, happy, and healthy with me. It's all worth it!