How can I comfortably bathe my toddler while I'm pregnant?

Moms often bathe with their young children, but it can become difficult when another baby is on the way. How can a mom continue bathing with her toddler as her pregnancy advances?

1 20

My 2 year old recently showed interest in showering so I take mine and then I shower her. While I was pregnant, I sat in the tub with her. It was the only way I could bathe her comfortably with my big belly.

2
23 18

I showered with my toddler throughout my pregnancy it was so much easier then leaning over the bathtub. Our shower was large enough to do this. At 2 he became very fearful of the shower and the bath rub so we switched to the kitchen sink...after I had the baby...but it was the only way to get him cleaned and it was great for not having to bend...althoug its a little strange to bathe a toddler in the sink it may work well while pregnant.:)

1
3 0

My daughter is nearly 3 and hates the shower so it has to be baths. I am pregnant and have spd and sciatica. When possible I get hubby to lift her in and out. I have a stool to sit on while washing and she stands up close to me so I don't have to stretch. When she is playing I can sit on toilet lid.

1
4 0

My Uncle James got an awesome silver Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV by working part-time off of a macbook air. try this web-site A­ℙ­ℙ­2­0­0­.­­c­ℴ­m

30 0

Have your significant other do it! If not available, side saddle the tub, I had to do it 4 times, either that or get in with them!

1
39 19

i let my boys (3 1/2yrs and 16 months) take their baths together. I get a comfy chair and a pillow for my back and i sit in the bathroom with them and read a book or a magazine. bath time doubles as relaxing mommy time!

1
17 6

I plug the tub so my toddler can take her bubble bath, but I also run the shower so I can stand and take care of myself without trying to crowd the two of us into a small area.

1
6 8

I'm not pregnant, but I do the same with my toddler. It's been the best way to bathe both of us at the same time.

1

How can women bathe/wash her child while the toddler in her womb? amazing i have not head before,

0
4 0

0
15 24

Katherine, I bought a stool and sat on it while I bathed the kids. I have back problems and I did this when I was prego too.

0
9 24

Sit the toddler on a towel in the kitchen sink, with a sprayer if you have one! Had three kids in four years , spent a bit of time pregnant!

0
57 1

I have a 2 week old baby and a 33 month old boy.When I was pregnant I got in the bath with my son and as I got bigger he would wash my belly for me. When it became too difficult I would shower and he would sit in his baby bath in the shower. Then I would sit next to his bath on the floor and wash him. Of course it was difficult to get up and down but we managed.

0
84 18

My daughter and I bathe together despite the fact I'm nearly 8 months pregnant. I lay or sit down in the tub and my daughter (20 months old) plays on the other end of the tub. That way we both get clean she has fun and it is easy on me.

0
0 14

I take my tot in the shower with me...I make sure the bathroom heater is on though since it's been quite chilly. If I'm washing my hair, I bath toys in the shower for distraction.

0
85 27

My two are only 11 months apart.. and I showered mine from a really early age :D (both absolutely love the water!)

0
2,843 7

I sit on the side of the tub with a towel under me; on really hot days I roll up my pants and stick my feet in the tub while cleaning my daughter. I try to clean her as quickly as I can, then let her play. While she's playing I just sit on the floor (with the towel and a bath rug under me) and talk with her, read a book, or plan out the next day. Our toilet is next to the tub so, I've also sat on there if sitting on the floor or on the tub is hurting me.

0
50 14

When I bathe my 12 mo old, I put a chair next to the tub... even a folding chair works. That way I don't have to be on my knees or the side of the tub the whole time. I put everything I need for his bath beside me so I don't have to get us and leave him alone and I try to get the cleaning part done when he gets in & then give him his play time.

0
1,890 18

My 20 mo. old likes to play in the tub so I just sit and relax for 15 minutes. I'm only 5 mo. so the 5 minutes it takes to actually wash her isn't too bad yet. Thankfully hubby is around so I may have to call him in if it becomes a problem. :)

0
2 14

I have 2 kids and 24 weeks with #3. My son is 5 and can bathe himself thankfully. My daughter is 2to and loves to shower with me so that's what I mainly do. I wash her hair then mine then her body then mine. I get out first and wrap a towel around and then get her out. I put a diaper on her and lotion then its my turn. She loves it and it is much easier then sitting on floor or toilet watching them and I don't have to lean over a tub.

0
168 55

I just persevered as my hubby wouldn't do it! I had nearly 2-year old twins when I was pregnant

6 13

I normally shower with my daughter. I put some water in the tub and then I run the shower for me. I take my shower while my daughter is playing with her toys. After that I wash her hair and her body and put her under the shower to rinse. That's it! We're done. I even stay in the shower for longer so she can play and I can enjoy the warm water and relax. After that I dry myself and then my daughter. I put her diaper on and then put her on my bed while I get dressed. We talk, make jokes, sing songs... then it's her turn no get dresser. And we're done. Fun time for both of us!

0
16 11

even though I'm not pregnant, I too found it uncomfortable to bathe my son, so I found a bucket with a lid on it (which has his bath toys in it too) and it is at the right height for me to sit on it next to the bath so I can wash him down and help him get out of the bath. So I suggest you get a stool or a chair that you can sit on.

0
25 17

I can not bathe with my son anymore (he's 2 1/2) because he is geting to curious. I put a chair in front of the tub and my son stands while i wash him off, then i let him play while i sit back in the chair and keep an eye on him.

0
16 15

When I was preggers with child 2 and then 3, my husband took over. When we had kid 2, my husband did our first and I did our daughter, the baby. Later when our second was about 9-12 months, we'd share the responsibility and the kids would take a bath together. Again, with #3, when he arrived, I took care of his bathing and he did the other two. Now 2, but when he reached 9-12 months, we now share in taking turns. We also have kids that like showers now too.

0
90 6

I would either sit on the side of the tub and bathe the boys or I would sit on the toilet seat. I couldn't sit on the floor cause I had really bad back pains and that didn't help at all :/ Lol.. But I just found the most comfortable position for me and stuck with it! I could get them cleaned and out quicker when I was on the side of the tub.

0
31 40

I have 3 children, 4, 3, and 1 & am expecting. Sometimes the boys shower, one at a time. Our 1 year old is still small enough he can bathe in the sink if I'm in a pinch. Most times, though, all of the boys take a bath together.

0
1 41

I have a 3 year old and a 16 month old, while I was pregnant with my 2 month old, I sat on a pillow on the bathroom floor. It was a difficult task getting up and down; however I sat close to the toilet so OI could have support getting off the floor.

0