How can I get rid of stretch marks?

Have you found any products or techniques that helped diminish stretch marks?

29 8

sometimes you can really diminish the look of them from tanning(although you should be aware of the risks) also seeing as how i have had them from puberty, ive found loosing weight helps them look less, or time, im not quite sure but I think its an easier to prevent then to treat issue. Sorry im not much help. I think of them more as 'Warrior Wounds' or 'Badges of Honor' because lets face it, we all get them, even men and it becomes part of the 'mommy package' our bodies turn into after having kids, no matter how you got them!

5
0 1

Pure cocoa butter and pure Vitamin E - plain and simple ;-)

4
7 2

Avon makes a Perfecting Oil from its Skin So Soft product line that does a great job diminishing the appearance of stretch marks. It's gotten great reviews. SKIN SO SOFT Perfecting Oi item #230-855
This unique formula helps improve skin’s overall clarity, virtually eliminating the look of uneven skin tone. Skin looks and feels more elastic, smoother and softer. Targets discolorations, scars, uneven tone and stretch marks. Highly concentrated oil with nourishing vitamins A & E, chamomile extract, sunflower-seed oil and phytol. 2 fl. oz.
Link to place order or get more information: http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=42159&cel_id=perfecting|P_SKIN%20SO%20SOFT%20Perfecting%20Oil

I hope this helps.

4
2 20

When I was pregnant, (over 30 years ago now), my step father gave me a suggestion for stretch marks. Coming from a man, I thought to myself, "what can HE know about it?". He worked for a place that made candy. ( I won't name the brand, but something I know everyone loves). He brought home some pure cocoa butter, and told me to rub that on my belly and anywhere else that I might develop stretch marks during pregnancy. It worked wonders! I gained over 50 pounds with that first pregnancy, and never got a stretch mark at all! Too bad I couldn't get any more of that stuff for my second and third! That was when I got all of my marks, and don't have a clue what to do about them now. If you can get yourself some real cocoa butter, you should be amazed at the results, and it doesn't smell bad either!

3
0 4

Bio oil is good

3
11 16

I've found that stretch marks are a case-by-case deal, no one body is like another, and due to the complexities of our systems and genetics as well as our overall health care the treatment of stretch marks can be hit or miss.

On the nutrition side, are you hydrating enough? How about vitamins, getting enough E? How long have you waited to treat your stretch marks? Do you have children less than 2 years apart? These are natural factors that can play a part in your efforts to diminish the stretch marks.

A great product that I've found is by the It Works! company called Stretch Mark & Moisturizing Cream. In conjuction with using the Ultimate Body Wrap, I've had many success stories. But like I stated in my first sentance, each person is different, and there have been less than a handfull that did not see the their desired results (although there was improvement in the overall skin quality).

Please check out this link: https://go2.myitworks.com/Shop/Product/212 scroll down and read the Product Description, FAQs, Reviews, and watch the video (I think it's on screen 2) and see if it's something you'd be interested in trying. Let me know if I can mail you some information or an introductory "wrap" for you to try the product. Oh, yea - read my story, too. You can fill out the form at the bottom of that page and I'll answer any questions you have, or I'll find them for you if I don't know. I have a great support team.

Other "over the counter" remedies that I've heard include slathering on the cocoa butter many times a day, or breaking open a vitamin E capsule and rubbing that in. The most important thing I can think of no matter what you try, is make sure you are drinking enough water!

3
29 0

Try bio oil. Or rose hip oil. This really helped my scar dramatically but i was also covering with micropore tape and sealing it for as long as possible each time before re-oiling and taping again. Not quite as practical for large areas but very effective.

0 0

Actually there is a laser for that. We've had great success with it. I'm a working mom of 4 and I own a MedSpa.

2
0 0

Okay, I may have to look into it! I've just grown accustomed to keeping my stomach covered (which sucks, especially at the beach...LOL!!)

0 7

I actually sell a product called Stretch Mark & Moisturizing Cream. It is amazing not only to help prevent stretch marks during pregnancy but to minimize the appearance after pregnancy or weight loss. There is also another prodcut called Defining Gel and I call it my "liquid gold" it tightens tones and firms your skin and also helps fade stretch marks. I'm not here to push my product, but am a Mom of 3 and I found something that WORKS!! So I had to become a distributor. Feel free to check out my website for more information: suziwalton.myitworks.com.

1
0 2

I agree that each set of stretchmarks is like a fingerprint- unique. Mine gradually just began to fade but weight loss and physical fitness helped the most. As my skin tightened I noticed a difference immediately ( within a year). My stretch marks are extremely close to the complexion of my brown skin so perhaps that played a role in their appearance.

1
0 0

I'm more concerned about cellulite, any thoughts on that lovely plague of women?

1
2 20

I am with you Shannon! I have always been heavy, and have had cellulite almost my entire life. I really do wish there was something that could be done about that.

15 0

Bio oil is very good for fading stretch marks and scares. When i was having my children 27 years ago a midwife told me to rub pure lanolin into my bump to prevent stretch marks this definately worked as I haven't got any stretch marks at all on my stomach . i should have also rubbed it into the tops of my legs as I do have some stretch marks there.

1
34 0

I am using lemon. I just rub it on stretchmarks in the night and I wast in the morning. I am seeing some changes.

0
1

I'm selling itworks products and we make stretch mark cream. It works awesome and its made from all natural ingredients. We also have what we call greens that helpa breast feeding moms make more milk supply (:
It anyone would be interested yall can contact me at 3374597043 or visit my website www.chelseyrider.myitworks.com

0
44 3

It works stretch mark cream it works check it out www.rockfordwrapgirls.com

0
0 0

Contact me for more info!!! Great products...
http://RodriguezSToGoodHealth.myitworks.com

0
0 0

I agree 100% with you that the Dr Max Powers Stretch Mark Cream works the best. I use it on my stretch marks every day. I just use a little bit of the product. It works because it is the most pure/concentrated you can get on the planet, even more than any prescription or fancy branded formula. As a bonus it zaps any bacteria or parasites present, and smells lovely.

0
0 0

Hello ladies! I know many of you hate stretch marks just as i do and It Works! sells a Stretch mark & moisturizing cream. The cream minimizes the appearance of stretch marks and other scars. I would definitely recommend you to try it out. I wouldn't expect them to disappear completely but any improvement is better than nothing. Right? It is definitely worth a try.
& for those of you mommies that are stuck with a gut i would definitely recommend you using a wrap (the ultimate body applicator). I've had great results with it! My skin is so much firmer and i lost 6 inches with 3 wraps!
If any of you are interested you can purchase them online at https://yajairaorozco.myitworks.com/Shop/Product/135
You can also email me at yio903@yahoo.com or text me to (903)5207568
Thank you ladies.

0
0 0

You should try these products https://getfirmandthin.myitworks.com/Shop/Category/209

0
4 0

There are no real way to avoid stretch marks but they can be made less visible. Stretch marks are basically tearing of the skin due to the break down of collagen caused by pregnancy, weight gain, etc. Treat with vitamin A oil, retinol creams or serums (do nopt use if pregnant), and products with vitamin C. Also be sure to keep skin hydrated by moisturizing.

0
5 0

I say pure coconut oil. Google it.

0
0 0

My question is how do you minimize the stretch marks after : 1) 25+ years & 2) over a 100 lbs loss?
Can someone give me a way to minimize the look at least?
Thanks,
J C

0
0 0

I know right?!! Mine are 29 year old stretch marks...

0 0

STRETCH MARK & MOISTURIZING BODY CREAM!! Works like magic! All natural ingredients from It Works! Global! Check it out at www.getslimwraps.com

0
0 18

I highly recommend using Palmer's cocoa butter skin therapy oil. It's a lot better than cocoa butter lotion, it works just as well as mederma but it's alot cheaper. Hope it helps, good luck!

0
0 0

microneedling is brilliant for strechmarks it works by producing collagen and combined with a cream called strevecin sd , i had it done on my thighs last year and 80 percent of them have gone, that was after just one treatment having another treatment this year for the rest . olive oil prevents them whilst pregant i used it while i was pregant , i put on 3 stone not 1 strech mark ,the ones on my legs was 20 years old , caused by puppy fat.

0
0 15

tazorac

0
0 42

Normally used for acne, but it regenerates new skin cell growth and the stretch marks fade. Down fall...it's prescription only. I got a tube from a dermatologist, my problem is my belly is still big so it went fast.

0 0

I use the "Defining Gel" by It Works! It works better than the stretch mark cream that they sell. It is a little bit expensive but well worth it in my opinion. You can get it here....
https://shelben025.myitworks.com

0
0 0

It depends because every case is different. I am African American and have had deep stretch marks for 29 years. I gained alot of weight when I had my daughter. No amount of creams, vitamin E or pure cocoa butter worked. The collagen in the skin was totally ruined. It's funny because my mom didn't get any at all! A good friend of mine is a plastic surgeon in Atlanta GA and she recommended I try a series of "laser treatments". at one of the Aesthetician Schools (Perhaps AVEDA). I gave up on trying to get rid of those ugly zebra marks years ago but with all of the new technology, I may try the laser treatments. Good luck!

0
0 2

Palmer's works for me. I've using it for a month now and they're fading little by little. :) By the way, I started 1 year and a half later when having my son. lol!

0
0 6

I recently started with this awesome company It Works Global , Having my first wrap party where my cousin had attended , after just 45 min of having the ultimate body applicator on her stretch marks went from a deep purple to a almost non visable white ! These products are all natural and easy to use . check out my website @ amazingyou7.myitworks.com or email me at amydabrat081080@yahoo.com or in the ohio area give me a call and i'll come to you 419-810-6161 !

0
0 6

I have a 14year old daughter who has stretch marks on her upper thighs. She had a growth spurt of note and this was the result! She is fair of complexion and her marks are white... She will not wear a bathing costume without shorts even though she has a beautiful body... I have tried bio oil, with no results. We are now using a mixture of pure lavender oil and coconut oil with stretchmark cream from avon. It's only been a week, so I will report later. I am using it too and It makes my skin feel really silky.... Oh and we always drink loads of water so hydartion is not our problem...

0
0 13

In my opinion, nothing will get rid of them. You either get them or you don't. It all comes down to skin type. I have more stripes than a zebra my last child was born 5 years ago. In time they fade. But they are like a scar and are always there (the skin is damaged) there is no miracle cure. I have tried everything. If you look after your skin, moisturise, drink plenty of water ect, you can reduce the appearance of them. They used to bother me, but now that my kids are getting older and they have faded somewhat I don't mind them. They are a reminder of pregnancy and them as babies.

0
0 7

I agree with you as they are a reminder of the kiddos and all you went through to bring them into this world!! But on the flip side, when I put a bathing suit on I wish they weren't so apparent!! I thought I had tried everything possible as well, until I came across It Works products and they truly are an awesome and magical healer!! Please email me and I can show you the proof in pictures!! suzimetzger@gmail.com Then if you are interested I can get you some of the products to try for yourself!

0 0

Flattering clothing makes stretch marks vanish like magic! Invest in clothing that covers and its 100% guarenteed to work!

0
0 42

Flattering clothing only works when you are dressed.

6 4

I just started using these wraps they are awesome they tone, tighten, and detoxify. They greatly reduced my stretch marks and I've had 3 kids. https://shotwellwraps.myitworks.com

0