How did your sex drive change during pregnancy and after?

The big changes your body experiences during pregnancy are bound to alter your sex life and many moms worry if what they are experiencing is normal. What changed for your libido during and after pregnancy?

3 0

My libido wasn't high before I got pregnant, so perhaps this isn't a huge change. During pregnancy, I had Severe Hyperemesis, so there was no desire for sex...only a nearby toilet. My poor husband was excellent about it and went without the entire pregnancy. Unfortunately, after my baby was born, the little libido I did have just completely went away. It is gone and I don't even want to be touched. I am nursing my baby, and they say that sometimes nursing, with the hormonal balance it gives you, as well as the constant demand on your body to be available to your baby, can cause women to just want some personal space when they can get it. But it has been almost 11 months since I had my baby and there is no sign that my libido is making a comeback. When we have had sex, it has simply been for his benefit. I have gotten nothing out of it whatsoever. I feel incredibly guilty and very sad, but I don't know what to do about it. I feel as though I am just going to have to get used to not enjoying sex and trying to force myself to have it regularly for my husband's sake. But somehow, that feels like lying.

3
21 0

:( for your sake dont give up so easily!! you need that close connection with your man to keep both of you going!! some women's bodies just crave a different kind of touch after baby. try new positions, visit your local sex shop, ect., all of thee above. We went through the EXACT SAME THING!!!! talk to your husband. Trust me he will want to help in any way he can. ask him to give you an hour alone in a quiet place of your choosing every day. use that time to nap, thinking, meditate, or masturbate whatever you feel like. try it for two weeks and see what a difference it makes!!! oh and ps: always know that no matter what, you and your husband aren't the freakiest people the sex shop workers get so go crazy! no one is judging you ;)

6 37

My eldest daughter is nearly 4 and it took nearly 2years to even want be touched again by my now husband, my youngest daughter is 10months and to be honest i dont care if i dont have sex ever again. We have had sex about 5 times in 10months, but that was to satisfy him.
Our eldest is a terror, constantly fighting with her to do things, her shouting at me, running off throwing tantrums in shops etc and all my other half does is go on the ps3 when we get home. Then my youngest is teething and is up atleast once a night in pain, and he stays asleep.
Im the one who puts both girls to bed, reads to them etc.
When he has finished his game he then is wanting sex, im just too tired but apparently being a stay at home mum is a doddle compared to working 9hrs a day, when i tell him im tired all i get is him moaning.

2
0 0

nothing changed at all lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32 5

While I was pregnant with my son. my libido was stil pretty high...but he was my first pregnancy and I looked pretty still... even when I was big, I still thought my pregnant form was beautiful. After my daughter it is a totally different situation....My libido is almost nil. I put it down to the fact that I have gained somewhere around 60 lbs... and I dont turn myself on anymore so how can I expect my hubby to be turned on...lol... which is completely unreasonable i know...but thats how it works for me...so I have a treadmill now and have lost about 10 lbs so far and the high it gives you when you are doing your workout makes me feel a little bit more like the confident woman he fell in love with. Its funny but they say confidence makes a woman sexy to a man... but it also works for the woman... and I sorely miss my confidence... hopefully I can keep to my exersize regimen and lose the weight and fit into my old sexy clothes and be the sexy sassy thing my hubby married, the one who liked sex with the lights on...lol... not the lights off girl I have become.

2
1 11

Mine changed to the extreme and it went to nothing after my daughter was born. My husband ended up divorcing me because of it. It is a real problem and 25 years ago there was not any support ouot there so I was on my own alone with a 18 month old. Good luck and I hope times have changed and you find the answers you need.

2
0 13

How are you now

56 5

I've always had an extremely high sex drive. During pregnancy, (after the first 3-4 months of EXTREME morning sickness,) I got a real taste of what "extremely high sex drive" truly means. It didn't help that my husband (now ex-husband) and I were going through a real rough patch and he wanted nothing (physically) to do with me. I was crawling the walls. After my daughter was born he still wanted nothing to do with me and I just gave up. I (some of you may've read this before,) ballooned up to 230 pounds. I was MISERABLE.

The worst part is, that after the baby is born, you're supposed to be happy! Once you get the green light to have sex again everything is supposed to just fall into place somehow, magically.

It doesn't. Having a baby is incredibly time-consuming and (especially if you're breastfeeding,) it's a terrible toll on your body. Add to that self-image issues, (even that last extra ten pounds or so that you can't seem to lose can make a world of difference for women about how they view their body,) sleep deprivation... It's amazing that any of us ever have sex again!

I'm not sure how graphic we're allowed to be, but we *are* talking about sex, here... so I'd like to dispense a little advice to those of you lovely ladies that can't seem to get your groove back...

Mutual masturbation. Yeah, I said it. Sex is like a muscle... the more you use it the more it wants to be used and the stronger it gets. A lot of people say sex isn't everything in a relationship. It isn't. Let's not downplay its importance entirely because it makes us feel better for denying ourselves and our partners that pleasure, though. Healthy couples need sex. Unless both partners are entirely asexual, (which is weird, unusual, or medically rare, like a unicorn with two horns and zebra stripes,) sex is an important outlet for maintaining a healthy, committed, emotionally close relationship.

With mutual masturbation there's that feeling of closeness, that emotional connection, without as much of the work. There's still that stress release, the Oxycontin rush (those chemicals that help you stay in love with your partner and bring the two of you emotionally closer,) and you don't have to feel like you need to bring your "A" game to the bedroom, 'cuz, let's face it, you're exhausted!

Obviously most of you enjoyed a good sex life before you had your babies... (otherwise how would they be here, now) so hopefully this helps at least one person. To anyone who I've offended, my apologies.

1
42 6

Hi there, I wanted to vote on your answer, but for some reason it won't let me vote (on anyones, don't get paraniod!) because I thought it was fab! Hope you find someone special to match your sex drive. Mine has disappeared, but I might just take your advice. My reason is we're sooooooo tired, although my husband is much more interested than me. I was insatiable during pregnancy though!! x

3 1

my kids are 12y, 14y and 17y. but i vividly remember sex drive during pregnancy and after childbirth. i had no libido where before it was great. it caused a lot of problems between my husband and i. i hope doctors are dealing with this seriously these days. back then i was on my own. i didn't understand what was happening to me and my husband didn't either. it was a tough 5 or so years! there needs to be a rememdy or solution for this. unfortunately lots of mothers don't say anything and suffer through it.. it should be addressed in the doctors office. it's very lonely and you start to feel bad about yourself. you worry about what your spouse thinks, nevermind the loss you're feeling. i'm not sure what they do these days. they did nothing back then. there should be information pamphlets or even support groups for this. I'm in my 40's and my libido is great. but how i wish someone would have helped me back then!!

1
1 0

I had the same problem Kate. I'm in my 40's and my libido is fine now. But after childbirth I felt exactly the same way and felt guilty.

31 0

My name is Camille bruno Valdez my partner and I have been trying for a baby for over two years now, We were going to a fertility clinic for about 5 months before somebody told us to contact this spell caster who is so powerful, We contacted him at this email; arewaspecialistttemple@gmail.com , for him to help us, then we told him our problem, he told us that we will either conceive in February 2014 or March 2014,but after two years of trying we were at a point where we were willing to try anything. And I'm glad we came to Dr Dahiru, Because his pregnancy spell cast put us at ease, and I honestly believe him, and his gods really helped us as well, I am thankful for all he has done. contact him via email: arewaspecialistttemple@gmail.com if you are trying to get a baby or want your lover back. he has powers to do it, he has done mine,

0
2 0

i can't really believe that i am with my Ex-Husband back after when he broke up with me with 4 kids i thank Dr Atakpo of (dratakpospelltemple@gmail.com) for helping me getting back my man back, My Name is Mrs Rhona Cole i am from England and my man name is Mr Alan Cole, my happiness turn to bitterness,my joy turn to sorrow,my love turn to hate when my husband broke up with me last week,i was so frustrated and i could not know what next to do again, i was so unthinkable and i could not concentrate any more, i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with another woman and this makes him broke up with me so that he can be able to get marry to the other lady and this lady i think cast a spell on my husband to make him hate me and my kids and this was so critical and uncalled-for,I cry all day and night for God to send me a helped to get back my man until i went to Westmoreland to see a friend and who was having he same problem with me but she latter got her Husband back and i asked her how she was able to get her husband back and she told me that their was a powerful spell caster in Africa name DR ATAKPO that he help with love spell in getting back lost lover's back and i decided to contacted the same Dr Atakpo and he told me what is needed to be done for me to have my man back and i did it although i doubted it but i did it and the Dr told me that i will get the result after 24hours, and he told me that my husband was going to call me by 9pm in my time and i still doubted his word, to my surprise my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much Oh My God i was so happy, and today i am happily with my man again and we are joyfully living together as one good family and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr Atakpo of dratakpospelltemple@gmail.com, he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that good spell casters still exist and Dr Atakpo is one of the good spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help

0
3 0

Today has being the most happiest day of my life after 1 year of sadness and sorrow without being with the one i love, i tried all my possible best to make sure i make my lover happy but it never seems to work out well it was like am doing everything in vain but all thanks to Dr OSAUYI for coming to change all my worries and sadness to Joy. i knew the great man when i read some wonderful reviews about Dr OSAUYI how he has helped a lots of people on there relationship problem i was reading a magazine which then i saw great testimonies as well which then i decided not to waste time because i have missed my lover so much i decided to contact him and share all my problem with him which then he told me not to worry that he assures me that within 48 hours everything would be sorted out i believed Dr OSAUYI so much because i believe he can't fail me but truly Dr OSAUYI never failed me a man that stand on his worlds is really a man,my husband who left me for good a year plus replied my text and returned my calls and asked me to please forgive him i was so happy am so grateful to Dr OSAUYI for what he has done for me if you are there pass the same problem or any kinds of problem just contact the great man on OSAUYILOVESPELL@YAHOO.COM call his mobile number +2348100515075.

0
3 0

GREAT DR. OFEMO THAT HELP ME SAVE MY RELATIONSHIP. Good Day everybody,
My name is Lena Adams.am from the United State of America,This is a very happy day of my life with the help of Dr.Ofemo has rendered to me by helping me to get my divorce husband back with his magic power and love spell. i was married for 8 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really cheating on me, and was seeking for a divorce but when i came across Dr.Trust email on the internet on how he help so many people to get their ex back and help fixing relationship.and make people to be happy in their relationship. i explained my situation to him and then seek his help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me with my case and here i am now celebrating because my Husband has change totally for good.he started begging me to forgive him that he is very sorry for everything, i was really surprised and was also happy, so that was how i forgive him and now we are living together happily than ever before,and He always want to be by me and can not do anything without my present. i am really happy with my marriage, what a great celebration. thank you Dr Ofemo who helped a lot, if you need his help you can contact him through email:drofemospelltemple@gmail.com or you can contact him through his website on http://drofemospelltemple.webs.com.

0
3 0

MY TESTIMONY ON HOW MY HUSBAND CAME BACK TO ME AGAIN,
My husband broke up with me 5 months ago, and forced me to sign the divorce papers, and i was completely heartbroken. And I could not get back into any shape emotionally. because my heart and hope was completely lost. Because i love him so much I could not think, eat, sleep, or walk without the ache in my heart. And the thoughts in my head were all about him and the pains that i went through while seeing him with another woman taught me lessons. I so wish that I could have changed the clock back and never to have experienced the pains he made me went through. I Thank God for this astonishing and brilliant NATURAL LOVE spell caster that came to my rescue. Wow! This spell caster has helped me so much. DR. OGBODU guaranteed me an urgent 24 hours NATURAL LOVE spell casting, of which i accepted it. Shockingly! this month on the 4TH OF AUGUST 2014, my husband called me back with lots of apologies after 24 hours which DR. OGBODU assured me, and he did everything possible to withdraw the divorce papers which was previously ongoing with the power of this miracle working spell caster. My husband and i have been living contentedly since this spell caster reunited us together with his love spells. Thank you so so so much Dr. OGBODO for your powerful spells. expressions are not sufficient to say thank you. here is his email address and PHONE NUMBER: Email: (ogboduspellhome@gmail.com) or +2347050485554...contact him today and get your problems solved once and for all.

0
1

Hi My name is 'Linda Wilson' just want to share my experience with the world on how i got my love back and saved my marriage... I was married for 7years with 2kids and we lived happily until things started getting ugly and we had fights and arguments almost every time... it got worse at a point that he filed for divorce... I tried my best to make him change his mind & stay with me cause i loved him with all my heart and didn't want to loose him but everything just didn't work out... he moved out of the house and still went ahead to file for divorce... I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster who eventually helped me out... I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly cause I was desperate and left with no choice... He did special prayers and used roots and herbs... Within 7 days he called me and was sorry for all the emotional trauma she had cost me, moved back to the house and we continue to live happily, the kids are happy too and we are expecting our third child. I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news... Just thought I should share my experience cause I strongly believe someone out there need's it... You can email him via ( rivertemplekingdom@outlook.com ) Don't give up just yet, the different between 'Ordinary' & 'Extra-Ordinary' is the 'Extra' so make extra effort to save your

http://www.circleofmoms.com/

0
0 0

During my pregnancy my libido was very low I was nt even keen 2have sex was tired most of the time and jst wanted to sleep,I gave birth 2my 3month old daughter and I thought it wud get better after giving birth but it got only worse,my sexual feelings are really dead wen my partner touches me I feel nothing nd the thought of sex irritates me!Plz help wat can I get to drink myb supplements or anythn coz I'm not even breastfeeding!!*sad*

0
34 0

I had twins a little over a year ago.
The only time I can honestly say i wasn't interested in sex was the last trimester of my pregnancy, maybe it's my age but I've never lost my sex drive.

0
0 0

Like most of the comments i've read I can see i'm not alone in this. I am a mother of 3 children age 9, 6 & 2years 5 months and I will be having my fourth child next month. I would ay that I had a preety healthy sex drive until I started having children. To me sex after having my first child as been more of an obligation to my marriage and for my partner and never for me. Where i'm from talking about sex in the open even with hubby is awkward. I am a working mum and sometimes I think that my work contributes to my problem as after work I get home to work on my children again whereas hubby gets home, gets fed, get on the net and decides he needs sex.....I love my children very much but dread th time after birth when he will need some attention as well!!!

0
616 0

Its almost non existent, mine is almost 2 yrs and I still havent seen a return :(

0
25 0

when i was pregnant with my son who is now 4 my sex drive didnt change, i didnt want to be touched by my husband. when pregnant with my two girls who are 3 & 1 changed i seen to feel alot more sexy and comfortable in my body and seem to not mind it as much as i did the first time round. but now i have three kids. im not even up for it i go to bed and turn the other way. oh how kids change ur world ... for the better tho.

kind regards, Khloe

0
4 0

Mine didn't really change that much- I wanted it just as much as I did in high school after the baby, but due to baby needs we couldn't. I'd say the most important thing to remember: moms need BREAKS!
I think the fact that the mom has to take care of a little one all the time doesn't necessarily make her mind wander too much....let dad take the baby and have some time to yourself and see if that doesn't bring the libido back. That is my best advice!

0
0 0

Before I got pregnant my libido wasn't really high. Earlier in our relationship it was high but later on randomly it would hurt to have sex. Like one night it wouldn't and the next it would. It made me not want to try because it felt like I was losing my virginity every other time. It sucked. But about once I was 2 mths. pregnant it seemed like every time we tried to have sex it hurt at the beginning which just killed the mood for me. later on my libido increased more but we didn't try to have sex because it hurt even to do foreplay...which really freaks me out because I want to have sex. My son is 2 weeks old right now so I'm hoping that everything will be fine when we try next month

0
5 14

We had a pretty great sex life before I got pregnant..but because we had 5 miscarriages prior to getting PG w/our DD, we didn't have sex until I hit the 12wk mark, and then, I was so scared it wasn't fun for either of us. When I was 16wks, my husband left for the police academy and was gone for the next 24 weeks. My libido completely dropped off, and when he was home on the weekends, he was exhausted. We did other things like cuddling, kissing, making sure we showed each other love, but we didn't have sex until I was 6wks postpartum. When I was given the green light to "go" we must've had sex for the entire month straight. Now, we usually have sex 1x a week. It may not be a lot, but it works for us. My libido is so much more then my husbands..I'd love for him to get his testerone checked, but he refuses. So, 1x a week it is.

0
1 0

I am a 45 year old first-time mom and I had my baby girl in November of 2010. Since that time, my partner and I have had sex exactly 3 times, 3 times in 15 months and NEVER because I wanted to. This is very depressing for both of us - for him because he wants it and for me because I absolutely do NOT. The thought of having sext has repulsed me beyond words ever since my baby was born. Prior to becoming pregnant with her, I was considered a "freak" if you know what I mean. I do not understand what has happened to me and I am very concerned that I can't even just go through the motions when my partner wants to. I have to keep saying to him, "I just can't and I am really sorry." It is so bad that I want to tell him it's OK if he finds someone else to have sex with. I know there must be other women who have experienced this but I don't really have many women friends to discuss this with. During pregnancy I was the same as I was before pregnancy, I pretty much wanted it all the time. But now I honestly cannot ever imagine wanting it again. Thanks and best of luck to any of you who are going through the same thing we are.

0
56 5

Wow, Mindy. I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you thought about possibly talking to your doctor about this? It seems like there's something (hormonal) wrong, it's not normal to *never* want to have sex, especially when you had such an awesome sex drive before having your daughter!

8 0

The last time I had sex I was 19 years old & I was 4 months pregnant. Now I'm 21 & my son is a year & 3 weeks old. Being pregnant gave me no sex drive whatsoever, it actually took my sex drive away!

0
0 0

I had an extremely high sex drive during my pregnancy until I got to about 7 months b/c I got so big. After giving birth and being stitched back up it was really painful to have sex....almost like a born again virgin. My sex drive has never really returned to normal since having my son but both of us are always so tired and now it happens 2-3 a month which is pretty sad.

0
1 0

When i was pregnant , the first three months i didn`t want sex, i was feeling weak and having nauseas. After the fkourth month I had a lot libido, but my husband didnt want to touch me , he felt guilty to hurt the baby.

0
2 0

My libido always fluctuated with each pregnancy. But i remember that after giving birth with my second baby...even though i wanted to have sex for his sake, i just could not get wet. I was so dry the whole time that it was pain all the way.Lubricants didn't hep much. In the end it just died a natural death till i got preg with my 3rd born. after his birth, the sex drive became so high and hubby couldn't catch up and it frustrated me...LOL. Now i know that it changes and depends on each baby. I am preg again with my 4th child and sex drive is just fine. I am just worried that after birth it might just die again yet i am not planning to have another baby to help return it during pregnancy! i wonder how i will cope. Thanks guys for sharing this coz it makes me feel that i am not alone...:)

0
0 0

I have a 4 yr old and 20 mth old, and I haven't enjoyed sex since I first got pregnant. My libido was not high to begin with, but completely disappeared the moment I got pregnant until now. Ofcourse consideration for my hubby meant we had sex regularly, but for me it's just something on my list to get done. It has greatly affected our relationship, especially since I just can't put in the effort anymore! Sad thing is, I'm reaching a point where I don't really care that this prob is driving my hubby and I apart. i just feel relief that I get another night sex free!

0
17 36

My children are 4 months, and 2years 4 months. I have a boy and a girl. We used to have sex all the time before we got prego, my sex drive never really came ,back after our daughter, and now that our son is around, it still hasn't really come around. Its really starting to be a commonly talked about problem with our relationship, but we both still insist to each other that its just something that needs to be worked out. I don't know what to do about it I feel really bad and he kind of understands, but its so hard. I don't know if I should go to a dr and maybe get some kind of prescription for a hormonal balance or something......Im just completely at a loss.....any advice please help!!

0
4 4

@ Jessica, dont discourage once your hormones realign you will probably get your libido back. Like Meaghan says though feeling good about yourself goes a long way, as does a little personal space and time. It's hard to give affection when your hungry for space and solitude. I went through every shade of libido from very active (before pregnancy) to absolute zero during, to barely anything for the few months after her birth. Now it seems we have finaly found balance. Honestly you dont need the perfect sex life, especially not every single year of your marriage, but you do need to make sure that everyone's needs are being met most of the time or your relationship will eventually suffer. Besides whatever efforts you have to make if your sex life improves you might surprise yourself how much you'll gain from it.

0
60 20

With our first there were times during the beginning when my libido was very low...I didn't even want him to touch me, but closer towards the end I actually became more affectionate, and that's when he didn't want to because he was afraid of hurting the baby lol...we still caressed and did other things but he was really paranoid about intercourse. Afterwards, I was really uncomfortable physically due to labor and episiotomy (or however you spell it) for a while, even after it was healed I still felt unconfortable so we started up slowly but I would say it still took a good 2 months for me to even want to try (and it was uncomfortable at first even then). Now with my second pregnancy my libido was low in the beginning due to nausea, so we stuck mostly to just caressing, hugging kissing. now that nauseas gone I'd say we're definitely more active but don't know how I'll feel later on.

0
18 0

Well, children are the best contraceptives. I say, I wont be ready again until im old and wrinkled.

0
711 9

My sex drive didn't change a bit. Until it was safe to have vaginal sex we caressed, kissed, gave massages and other kinds of loving touch. I have a very strong libido and it was easy for me to pleasure my husband and vice versa in loving ways.

0
6 36

Moderate before, high drive second trimester, down to almost no drive after pregnancy...i think I san just tip tired all the time...ft job and my DS is almost 3

0
80 0

Before pregnancy I had a pretty strong sex drive. During my second trimester I was insane, I had to have it all the time, and I was practically climbing the walls when my husband had to go out of town to a week. Then I was a huge blimp and could not be touched. Now my sex drive is back but his is not always.

0
26 4

Befor I got prego my sex drive was kinda there but did it more so cubi like been close withy hubby but like end of my 1st trimester a hole new me came hasn't stoped I beleave after I have birth it got a lil worse

0
2 0

i had no sex drive when i was pregnant mind you i am a single parent from the day i found out i was pregnant...my sex drive didn't improve after either i feel that if i have sex again i am disappointing my son so therefore i won't start dating

0
1 8

I dont know how old you son is,but after I left my now X I set a time line as to when I would start dating again.I was still preggy so not then obviously:1.after my baby was 2.after she was a few months old so I could finish up my schooling 3.after I lost 5lbs.Once that was taken care of I went on a dating site its just easier that way with 3 kids(4yrs,2,and now 8months).

12 3

During pregnancy my libido dropped during my 2nd trimester. Most of the time I only had sex with my husband for his sake and to feel closer to him, not because I enjoyed it. After pregnancy my sex drive is through the roof!!! My libido came back 10 fold and I want it ALL the time and actually initiate it quite often. I was really worried it would never come back but thank heavens it did!!!

0
8 0

Prophet Mike did a spell for me and assured me of 2 days that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the second day, my ex boyfriend came knocking on my door and begging for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you Prophet Mike for the help. I will not stop publishing your good work for people to see because you are a wonderful man. If you need his help you can contact him via email purityspell@gmail.com