How did your style change (if at all) after becoming a mom?

0 0

Messy buns are my new best friend -- they are quick, chic, and I can go an extra day or two without washing my hair! We all know showers are a luxury with a newborn. Button-downs are a wardrobe staple now, since they are breastfeeding friendly and look great layered with a cardigan. Good thing gingham button-downs are huge for spring! Also, blazers have always been a huge part of my wardrobe, but I especially love wearing them now since it creates a leaner shape and covers baby weight problem areas.

1
0 0

My style hasn't really changed- except that I look for clothing that is easily configured to breastfeed quickly! I still love vintage, classic, and unique items and find a way to wear them almost daily! Like every mother I have yoga pants only days too.

0
2 0

Well I definitely don't wear 4 inch heels as much anymore, though I DO wear them from time to time. Because time is at a premium, I have honed what I consider my "uniform" - skinnies, a tee (if it's a graphic tee or a rock tee, so much the better), and a jacket - either tuxedo jacket or a slim leather jacket, and cool booties. Sometimes I switch up the tee/jacket combo for an oversized sweater.

0
0 0

At first, it made my style go down the tubes. It was all pjs, work out clothes and endless amounts of sweats. After 4 months of looking like a bum, I decided to stop being lame and get dressed again! I initially started LiM in order to hold myself accountable when it came to styling and feeling better about myself. It worked! So..I guess you could say becoming a mom actually ended up changing my style for the better...once I was able to let the sweats go. ;)

http://lifeinmodification.blogspot.com

0
0 0

It really didn't change too much at all. I still love wearing trendy items paired with timeless items as well. I probably do default to wearing flats much more than heels now, though! :)

0
0 0

It really hasn't changed that much at all although I hardly wear heels anymore. They just aren't the most practical shoes when running around after your kids in the park! ;)

0
0 0

Everything must be washable! I swear, I think I get more messy from the baby than the baby does (now that we're past blow outs and such - knock on wood)!

I also had to edit the styles I wear because my body changed. For the most part, however, the core of my style is the same - about having fun, taking a chance and being creative.

0
0 8

My style has just become more classic. I used to shop more frequently and bought items that were trendy. Now I like to focus on great basics, and better quality items. I am a huge fan of J.Crew, Tory Burch and budget stores like Target and Old Navy

0
0 0

My short dresses got a little longer and my high heels got a little lower.

0
3 0

My style didn't change hugely, the most important thing to me after becoming a mum was to be comfortable! I ditched the heels (who says you need heels to look stylish?) as wearing heels aren't the most practical when running around after two toddlers and found you can look just as good in some trendy flats. The key is to accessorize; a colorful scarf, eye catching earrings or a nice hair band...

0
0 0

My style has changed when I'm with my kids.....comfortable, easy to wear clothes, unrevealing, easy access to nursing, no jewelry and hair pulled up n back. When I'm out with my husband/friends, no kids in tow, I'm still the diva i was before kids. I do find my style has gone more to the conservative side, not sure if that's because of motherhood or simply age.

0
0 0

It got more feminine and relaxed. I learned to embrace all my frilly and girlish desires because if I can't freely be who I want to be how I can I teach my daughter to be who she truly is?

0
9 56

YES! I think mostly because my body changed. I don't feel less stylish than before, but I do feel more relaxed and confident, so I enjoy getting dressed more now then I ever have.

0
0 0

I think my style got better! I am more confident in myself and therefore it shows in the clothing I wear and how I style myself.

0
0 0

When I was pregnant with my first and then again with my 2nd, for whatever reason(s), friends and strangers alike would say, “Forget the salon days, staying trendy, the pedicures, shopping, washing your hair or dare I say makeup? Accept a dirty house, messy cars, sticky walls, pretty much say goodbye to everything you are right now.” And to certain degree, after becoming a mom I found it more challenging to keep up on my personal style. However, by simply making style a priority, it bounced right back into my life and now my little boys life too! If shopping for myself wasn't fun enough… shopping for mini man clothes is even more fun! Being a Mom doesn't mean you have to sacrifice on style. In fact, I've found it's a simple as devoting 10 extra minutes a day to try and be my best self has helped keep the rest of my life current as well. Putting first things first, while setting aside a few minutes for Mama's style, makes everything else seem to run more smoothly! A smoothly run life is just that, a choice to make it how you want it. It’s our for the making. Might as well make it while feeling cute!

0
0 0

We definitely became more aware of dressing for comfort. That's not to say that we're willing to sacrifice comfort for style however! Maxi dresses and flat t-strap sandals are a couple of our favorite warm weather pieces and they're totally stylish, yet comfortable!

0
0 2

My style didn't change much at all. If anything, I'm still trying to shed a few pounds, so I'm a little shy about wearing pieces that are too form fitting. I've always been drawn to maxi dresses and flowy skirts, classic pieces like fitted blazers and figure flattering trousers. It's easy to throw on a basic tee and comfy jeans when you're a (new) mom, as you want to be prepared for moving around a lot, baby messes, etc...but I think it's important for mamas to make a bit more effort! Add a scarf or accessorize! Looking good = feeling good! Just because you have a baby doesn't mean you can't be fabulous!

0
0 0

I think my style has changed a little bit since becoming a mom. Naturally you would think it would be more conservative, but for me I find I'm more likely to take risks. I guess it's because I'm getting more and more comfortable in my skin and I am less worried about what other people will think.

0
0 0

Two major changes: washable fabrics and flats. My days of being able to make an outfit out of a cashmere sweater and a pair of fabulous pumps were over - I had to find some practical ways to bring style back into my life. When I was changing shirts 4-5 times a day because of a baby with reflux, the dry cleaning bill would have been absurd! So, I discovered a whole new range of awesome cotton jersey fabrics from companies like JCrew and Splendid that would hold up to the demands of a new mom while still looking put-together. Giving up my heels was much harder, but after a few months of stubbornness, I realized that I couldn't be the on-the-ground mom I wanted to be unless I switched to flats for daily wear. I invested in a full range of comfy flats - from gold ballet flats to TOMS to slouchy booties.

However, both of those swaps are superficial. The biggest change was in my mentality towards my closet. I think we all have the idea that motherhood somehow erases personal style - that there just isn't time, or that worrying about clothes after you have a child is somehow silly. I discovered that clothes helped me keep my sense of self intact, and that my more practical wardrobe post-baby signified a more practical overall outlook, too.

0
0 2

I have traded in my heels for ballet flats..its just more practical. I now leave high heels for date night and dinner with the girls.

0
0 0

For the first two years, after each one of my four were born, I was lucky just to even get dressed!!! After my children were around two, my fog began to clear, they were weaned and I was able to have some fun dressing again! Cute, quick and casual became my uniform. Then as my children grew up and I went back to work, I found my style had matured. I've always adapted my wardrobe to the trends of the moment, by choosing to go with popular colors being used that season. Now that I'm home again, caring for my mother, who has dementia, I am back to mostly cute, quick and casual; unless I am meeting with a client--then it's all business!

0
1 0

I was definitely more adventurous in my style before I was a mom. I still consider myself fashion-forward, but I always consider ease, comfort, and my baby first now. For example, giant earrings? Out of the question with a baby who loves to grab! And flat shoes just make more sense for all the running around we do. But I like to be evolving. I like looking back on my style, how it's changed, and how it reflects where I am in life.

0
0 0

I've definitely realized some things I just can't wear around the house, they aren't comfortable or ideal to wear while taking care of small kids. But I wouldn't say my style has changed; because I still get dressed up and wear things I love- it just has to fit the occasion. I'm definitely wearing something different at a girls night than I wear to the park. And I'm okay with it, because it's still "my style" and something I enjoy wearing.

0
0 0

My style definitely became more casual after having my son. I also pay more attention to fabrications making sure they were washable and will hold up well. What did NOT change is my commitment to feeling fashionable and confident. Fashion and style have always been a huge part of my life. If I am going to be the best mommy I can be, why not be the most fashionable one too?

0
0 0

My style hasn't changed at all! It's definitely evolved over the years, more so because I'm getting older vs becoming a mom. I always try to look put together whether I'm with or sans children.

0
0 40

I dress with more confidence than ever before. I have always leaned towards vintage styles, scarves and a variety of prints, but I am even more bold in my selections since I had my little girl, Lucia. Something about being a mother has made me feel more empowered and even more proud of the invidulal and woman that I am. I also imagine that my style is future inspiration for my daughter -- even if we have entirely different styles someday, I hope that she will always be strong, confident and, most of all, true to herself and personal tastes.

0
0 0

My style now comes through in different, more simple, ways. Before having a baby, I might choose the crazy-printed dress or fancy high heels or delicate vintage piece. Now, I opt for the crazy-colored lipstick, fancy bag, and delicate vintage scarf. I keep my everyday wardrobe a bit more basic now, with nursing-friendly tops and well-tailored pants. Also, I have all but phased out the color white from my rotation. With a 10-month old, its just a disaster waiting to happen! I always find a way to express myself with my style, though, no matter how hectic my days may be.

0
0 4

My style hasn't changed that much - I've always been a jean and t-shirts kind of girl. The main this is not working now I don't wear as many skirts, dresses or heels which I do kind of miss. I've also acquired a large number of jeans and ballet flats. I think the most noticeable thing for me is how I dress my body differently to before I had kids - its shape has changed due to pregnancy and childbirth and no longer do I want to wear tightly fitted tops or low rise jeans. I think having children makes you view your body in a different (not necessarily bad) way.

0
2 0

After having kids my style took a turn for the worse, but after a while I got sick of the sweatpants and t-shirts! I started Modern Modest Beauty as motivation to get dressed everyday.

0
0 42

The first few months of being a mom were hard. I was recovering from a C-Section and couldn't do much, so I was relegated to wearing my maternity tanks and leggings, or sweats. All day. As I recovered, I no longer wanted to feel like a grubby, dirty "I don't care" person, so I started to look for ideas on how to dress quickly and comfortably, but still look fab. It wasn't very smart for me to continue wearing 4 inch (and higher) heels while toting along an infant carrier & diaper bag, so cute ballet flats and flat tall boots became staples. It's so easy to throw on a flowy top and skinny jeans, and pair with flats and an awesome scarf. Quick and effortless style became the norm, because as a mom you don't always have an hour (or even 30 minutes!) to primp for the day.

0