How do I deal with the separation from my baby when I put him in his nursery?

New mothers want to spent every moment they can with their baby and it can be difficult to be separated from them. What are some tips for moms to feel at ease when they are in a separate room from their newborn.

236 7

Close the door to the nursery until he is 4 and carry him back to bed with you. :) He was meant to be with you and won't always be little. Enjoy it while it lasts!

4
10 0

my best friend's sister-in-law makes $64/hour on the internet. She has been fired from work for 8 months but last month her pay check was $18293 just working on the internet for a few hours. Here's the site to read more...www.Rush64.ℂℴm

0 28

It's never easy especially if it's your first child but you need to just build your will power a lil higher now you have a child the more you give in the harder it's going to be for your child to get the concept of sleeping in the nursery! It's easy for us as mothers to give in and allow the child to sleep in your bed but It's better for the child and for you as a parent to be sleeping on your own. Just stay positive and know that a few months down the line your hard work and long nights will pay off all it takes is for you to patient and yes there will be hard nights with baby in the nursery but it only lasts a few months and if you don't do it now it'll be ten times harder a few months down the line. It's not easy but it's up to you and what you want for you and your child

4
9 0

My LO is going through separation anxiety as well. She's okay sleeping in her crib, but the moment I put her down to go do something or leave her with daddy she gets upset. I dealt with it by being strong and not going back to pick her up. I always give her a big hug and congratulate her for being a big girl when I get back. When getting my LO used to her own bed I placed her in it during the day and a few times for a minute or two and let her play in it. I was in the room the whole time so she wouldn't panic or think she would be left alone. Now there were times she would totally object and cry at night but I wouldnt run to her side. I would give her some time and she eventually began to put herself back to sleep. This week she has been sleeping through the night. FamilyCEOMom.com

289 10

Funny thing is that everyone will give you different advice. If your goal is to keep your baby in the nursery, then I'll tell you what I've done. With our first we had her in there from day one, until we had people staying with us and we needed the room, then we brought her in her cradle into our room, so when we moved her back it was a little hard because I couldn't listen to her breathing and have her right there. With my others because we've always had our kids share a room we keep them in a cradle in our room until they are only waking up once, and that is when we move them. We just barely moved our 5 month old and it was a little sad to not have her there anymore. I go in and check on her before I go to bed, and I snuggle with her during the day whenever I can, but both her and her sister love the arrangement and it is so much better for my husband and I because now we don't have to be quiet in our own room. Just spend as much time with him during the day as you can. Night time you are both sleeping anyways so you don't need each other, you need good sleep more, and good intimate time with your husband. It will be harder when he's older. Try and focus more on the benefits of having him in there, pray, and love him all you can whenever he is awake. Hope that helps.

2
154 1

We put my oldest into her nursery by the time she was 2 months old, and she slept wonderfully in there. It helped my husband and I both sleep better. My daughter is 14 now, and giving her a bedtime and her own bed at a young age are some of the best things I did. She's always been a great sleeper, and she and I were inseparable all day long, so it was good for both of us. I didn't do as well with my younger kids because I was worried that their crying would wake my oldest. But staying near them at night led to years of my having to sleep on their floors to calm them. They're all big now, and they all sleep fine alone, so I think it will work out eventually no matter how you handle it. But if I could do it over again, I would have made my younger kids sleep in their own rooms, alone, at a younger age.

2